Preparing For A New Set Up

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by AngelicDevilTel • Sep 27, 2016.

1. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    So I am a few weeks off (hopefully) from getting my room completely redone with new flooring, paint on the walls, and hopefully a new layout. One thing I am really looking forward to is having a desk setup, unfortunately I won't be able to use my computer all night once I do get one but I am excited to finally have a place for my computer and possibly to film videos in the future (once I get my new light installed).

So I am starting out early and pricing peripherals for my new set up.

I will be opting to run my desktop setup through a laptop so I need some idea.
    More than likely the laptop will be dual booted, I have that covered.

I would like to find a cheap monitor with good quality
    A good quality keyboard and mouse, can be wired or wireless doesn't matter
    Speakers since HDMI doesn't play well with audio
    A USB hub, preferable with more than 4 ports

What do you think would be my best route for getting all of this for under $200>

Plus have you ever undertook something like this?

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm quite confused with your plan. Do you mean to say that you have your laptop and you want it to function as a desktop? My question is why? What difference does it make if you use your laptop as it is and using it as a desktop? But anyway, in buying peripherals, I would suggest that you get brand new and don't settle for used monitor because it can give you a problem later. Over here, there is the CD-RKing which is a Chinese electronic store that sells cheap but brand new items. The wireless keyboard I bought is only for $5 and I've been using it for 2 years now.

3. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    Well it all has to do with my sight really.
    When I am laying in my bed using my laptop its fine to just be on a 17.3" screen and it doesn't bother me. If I am sitting up I want a bigger screen. Yeah it sounds kinda off but I just need something to make my life a little easier if I am gonna have to be sitting up and using my computer.

4. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    If you're looking for good quality, long lasting and cheap parts, then I highly recomend ASUS for whatever you'd like to buy, for real. They have some of the best qualified parts, including mother boards, graphic cards, monitors and whatnot. Try them.