Prescription medication

Discussion in Product Reviews started by roy835 • Oct 13, 2014.

1. roy835

roy835Member

Threads:
    This has got to be one of the most controversial products on the marketing -- prescription medication. I try not to be afraid of anything. But, those kinds of products make me so nervous that I am probably definitely somewhat scared to ever take them. I see the commercials and then I hear the long lists of side effects and it just baffles me as to how so many people continually absorb so much of this stuff. Quite often the stuff makes a bad situation worse. I think to myself that these guys must be some top-notch marketing geniuses or something like that. To be able to offer people what I (in many cases) consider to be poison would seem to me that there has got to be some trick to it. Nonetheless, I try my very best to always keep away from that stuff -- prescription medications.

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tend to agree. I don't even think there should be ads and commercials for drugs. It seems to me that this would only add to the issue of an over-medicated society. Oh, let me go ask my doctor for the latest designer drug! Some of these companies remind me of the typical street pusher, but that's just my opinion.

3. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    Funny you should say, "poison." A universal blood thinning product actually got its roots as rat poison. Warfarin, or Coumadin as it is best known is given to nearly all heart patients so their blood will not clot as easily and flow better through their arteries and veins.

4. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I'm not on any medications. Thankfully I'm pretty sound both physically and mentally, and I thank God for that. I do think prescription medications are way over advertised in America. But since I believe in a free market, I'm fine with it. I just wish people would be more careful about what they take. I think we are over medicated as a society.

5. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Listen! prescription medication is in no way better than exercise! All these vitamins and medicine that we take really doesn't help us. To be quite honest, our body is the best form of medicine that we have, all we have to do is treat it right and things will be okay. I keep telling people that if you eat properly and exercise daily...you won't have any need for any medication.
    Also! Mental health is physical health so once your mind is healthy, your body will also be healthy! Go to the gym and massage parlor frequently and you'll be in tip top shape! :)

6. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I stay away from them too! Most of the commercial is telling you how many bad side effects there are. You would have to be delusional to just go ahead and buy it. I believe it is a matter of people trusting the medical industry, despite the truth that prescription medicine makes a bad situation worst. They just can not believe someone would sell them something harmful. But it is true. They sell it to make millions. We have to look out for our own best interests by eating healthy, exercising, thinking good thoughts, destressing and also using safe herbs to see us through any health challenges.

7. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    Sorry guy. On many things, I agree. But, you fail to recognize that some infections cannot be irradicated by "healthy eating and excercise." The U.S. had nearly wiped out small pox, measles, polio, and a couple of other health risks until our latest onslaught of uninspected, uninvited, illegals hit us. Gonnorhea and syphilis had been under better control than ever until the last couple of years. A healthy diet, exercise and a strong mind will not stop those types of infections nor the spreading of them. At best, all we do is try to deny that they exist, and we know how well that works.

I do ascribe to homeopathic and holistic diets but I cannot substitute a good diet when a shot of antibiotics or a small pox vaccination will do the total job and without all of doubts and worry. I dearly hate taking any type of medicine, but there are times when even I have to recognize the difference between my being stubborn or practical.

I have had too many friends die or become disabled by the type of advice you are giving. A good diet, excercise, and a strong mind are all paramount when battling some terrible diseases, and with proper medications can mean the difference between life and death.
    Mr. PerfectAdvice...your advice might be good, but certainly not "Perfect," and might wind up deadly.