Preventing chapped lips during winter

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by alc89 • Nov 5, 2012.

1. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I just start using chapstick as soon as my lips start feeling dry and keep using it doesn't do much but something is better than nothing at all right?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    During the winter months I try not to lick my lips often to avoid drying them out. I also apply vaseline daily and exfoliate when needed. My feet suffer more than my lips during the winter from dryness.

3. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Drink a lot of water, don't lick your lips to wet them. After a bath use a soft Turkish towel to rub your lips lightly and apply Vaseline I generally combine vaseline with Vitamin e oil and apply it on my lip at night.. each night.. my lips remain soft and supple.
    A little care goes a long way.. I do not have to carry a chap stick every where.

4. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    I do a couple of things to prevent chapped lips. I make a homemade lip scrub with lemon juice, a bit of olive oil and sugar and exfoliate my lips with it a few times a week. After my scrub I apply vaseline, the one with cocoa butter. My lips are almost always smooth. Another way to exfoliate your lips is to use your toothbrush.