Price Drops in the newest consoles?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Koala • Dec 11, 2012.

1. Koala

KoalaNew Member

Threads:
    When do you guys think would be the time when consoles like the new WiiU or the Nintendo 3DS will start dropping from the crazy prices? I know not anytime in the Holidays, but maybe next year or the year after?
    Also what would you guys recommend buying on today's top video games?

2. EndlessChaoz

EndlessChaozNew Member

Threads:
    It'll probably depend on how well the consoles do on the market. If it sells extremely well, it's price will probably drop within 1-2 years. If it doesn't, you can probably expect it to go down within 6 months to a year.

As for top video game suggestions, I'd recommend games like Assassins Creed 3, Far Cry 3, Dragons Dogma, Playstation All Stars Battle Royale, etc.

3. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think that these consoles will ever have a comfortable price plans. I'll stick to the XBox 360 and wait for the release of X720 and its proposed amazing features.

4. Koala

KoalaNew Member

Threads:
    You're probably right about that, I need to check on what the X720 has to offer. I haven't looked into it thanks though!

Well the WiiU sold 400,000 units in the first week, but not as much as the wii did at 600,000 in the first week. I bought Far Cry 3, but I'll look into Assassins Creed haha I've never played any from that series.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's too early for the Wii U to have a price drop since it has just recently been launched. It could have a price drop if the new Xbox and the new Playstation would be launched in order to compete with a newer product. Also, maybe the price would slightly drop next year (probably Christmas).

6. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Didn't current-gen consoles take 2 or 3 years until their first price drop? I may be completely wrong here, but I think it took at least 2 years for PS3 to drop..

7. jaindar343

jaindar343New Member

Threads:
    There are a some lower prices are a consoles for this session prices. maybe the price would be stooped the next years .

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not really sure how long before the prices of the consoles start to drop, but I'm guessing that it can range from several months to maybe after a year or more. I think it also depends on the law of supply and demand. But one thing's for sure, as time goes by and the model gets old, you can be sure that its price will drop.