Price Less

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Brenda Barnousky • Apr 6, 2015.

1. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    We had a new store move into our town recently called Price Less. They are rather like a co-op, in that they buy lower and are able to pass the savings on to the customer. It seems like every day they have a few things that are priced ridiculously low, like a head of lettuce for .25,, and Suddenly Salad for .50 a box. These items are not out of date! Have any of you had experience with them? I'm wondering if they have a parent company, or if they're a stand alone.

2. jamiew23

jamiew23Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of them myself but for those prices I'd like to know where my closest one is!!! Sounds like they're even cheaper than Aldi and Lidl and they've got great deals on!

3. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    Well then, I want that store in my town! I can assure you if that store was here in my neighborhood, the line would be way out in the back. Those prices that you mentioning are just very cheap indeed.

4. Megan888

Megan888Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of this store but I would love to visit. Aldi can be like that on occasion and depending on the product. Are the other products quality? Can you "one-stop" shop there?

5. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of the store either but I'll certainly be looking out for it.

There always seems to be various discount stores popping up all over but none of them seems to ever really last and be able to challenge the main supermarket chains.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are quite a few stores like that in the UK now that sell some short date items (not out of date, but with a few months left) and vegetables quite cheaply .

Home and Bargain is one we have and they sell carrots for 39p all the time and branded goods for half the price in the big supermarkets like Batchelors cup a soup for 79p.They are challenging supermarkets if they are located nearby, but it doesn't fulfill a complete shop, but does mean the baskets are less in a traditional supermarket.

7. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Home Bargain too and whilst it's true that you can't do a full shop there, you can certainly make some substantial savings there. My best buy is the "Nicky" loo roll - it's thicker than Andrex, quilted and costs £2 for 9 rolls. Absolute bargain!

8. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Never heard of them until now, but I will be looking them up online to see if there are any near where I live, I love a good deal. I usually go to the "Dollar Tree" to get cheaply priced items, but having yet another source to go to is even better.

9. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree, but I don't really know why this is. Many of the chains aren't really that cheap. We had a store similar to Aldi that came to the area, not far from Walmart. It didn't last long, even though it was far cheaper than Walmart. I guess it has to do with not being able to get everything in one stop. Personally, I don't mind making a few stops if they're close together, in order to get the best bargains. Apparently, other people do not agree.