Price Limits On Clothing

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by TheKnight • Nov 1, 2016.

1. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Do any of you have a price limit on clothes? For example, how much would you spend for jeans, shoes, socks, shirts etc until you say ''nah, that's too expensive''? I might spend more but I can't in my current position.

My list:
    • Shoes - 40 dollars
    • Pants - 30 dollars
    • Jacket - 30 dollars
    • Socks - 5 dollars a pair
    I tend to buy cheaper than what I listed but this is my limit.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just got home from a 5-day tour in Singapore. It is my habit to buy clothes when I go abroad particularly shirts. My budget for shirts is $5 only so I had to find some good ones that is worth more than my budget. There is this department store called Mustafa which has a lot of cheap items including food stuff like candies but they also have a pile of clothing items, perfumes, etc. I was able to buy 3 polo shirts that fall within my budget of $5. I am actually wearing one now.

3. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    The only price limit that I give myself when it comes to clothing is on jeans. To me, denim is denim and I never understood why some people can pay $200+ on a pair of jeans as they all look the same if you don't see the label, and most of the time you don't anyway.

Shoes and trainers are my biggest expense I think as ill fitting clothes might not look right but you can get away with and it won't cause you any physical harm, but wearing a pair of cheap shoes all day can severely hurt your feet so I always tend to pay as much as I can in order to make sure I'm comfortable wearing them.

4. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen some 5-dollar shirts before. If there is a sale like that, I tend to buy 5 shirts. Unfortunately, there aren't many stores like that around here so we have to purchase from large major stores. Family-owned clothing stores actually have higher prices.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Clothing items are actually much cheaper here in the Philippines so my budget is less than $5. However, it is my habit to buy clothing items abroad simply because it is imported and it has class when I wear it. For the same shirt I bought for $5 abroad, we have a similar style that can be bought for half the price, but it's locally made and no prestige at all.

6. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Clothes are really something that to this day kind of escapes me for some reason. I would like to think that I am pretty good at finding good deals, but I am still left having to pay so much for clothes that I cannot help but think that I am doing something wrong.

7. Sandy Mayfield

Sandy MayfieldMember

Threads:
    It depends on the quality, what it's going to be used for, etc. IE: I spend less on my workout clothes than my work clothes because they tend to get dirty and i grow out of them quicker. I spend more on my workout tennis shoes than my heels because the fit is more important, etc. Typically 150 for workout tennis shoes, 80 or less for other shoes. Jackets around 100, workout clothes 30 max per piece, blouses/slacks 70 or less.