Price Matching

Discussion in Food & Drink started by purplepen88 • Jun 10, 2016.

1. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    How many people keep their receipts? I have found that many times I have bought items from Costco only for it to go on sale the next week. If you have your receipt Costco will refund you the difference of the sale price. I know other stores like Walmart, Toys R Us and Home Depot do this as well. I read the flyers each week and if I notice that something I've just bought has gone on sale I'll immediately drive over to get a refund to the sale price. I can say I've saved quite a bit on money doing this. Anyone else do this?

2. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    Walmart has an app called "savings catcher". I have not tried it yet but plan to. You can scan all the local ads and scan your receipt. If it finds a lower price than what you paid, they will refund the money to a gift card. That keeps you from having to drive all over town for every little sale item.

3. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzelsMember

Threads:
    I save all my receipts, and have utilized price adjustment before.

What I originally thought you were referring to was price matching to other retailers lower prices, which I usually have terrible luck with. Toysrus is the toughest, the exclusions are brutal, but I have heard horror stories about Walmart not adjusting to or from their own website's prices.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the UK some stores do it automatically for you, and if they don't and you can prove it they will double the difference. This does require some work and effort and to know what costs what where. We also have a store called John Lewis that price matches and if they haven't spotted it, they will do it once it is confirmed. They don't do it for online stores, only brick and mortar ones though.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This thread is interesting. To be honest, I never rally thought about doing this. IN my case since Walmart and Costco are far away from me..being able to go back when the item was on sale, probably wouldn't happen. The only stores I go to often are like Dollar General, and I am quite sure they wouldn't honor that policy, and the grocer Food Lion. I don't think they would either.

6. acheno84

acheno84Member

Threads:
    I personally have never taken my receipt back to make up for the difference, but my mom does. She will only do it, however, it the savings are huge. She won't go back for a few cents difference because she figures that she spends that money that she saved in gas getting to and from the store. I think it's a great technique though and good to watch what you spend and sales trends.