Price Matching

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by ziska • Aug 9, 2016.

1. ziska

ziskaMember

Threads:
    Price matching...how does it work where you live? Where I live, only Walmart does it. My old Walmart was great, I just came in with my savvy shopper list of what was on sale at every store, and they took my word for it. But now where I live, they want to see each individual newspaper add, which hardly seems fair because I don't get EVERY news add. Then I get very frustrated because flipping through all the adds right there in line just takes so long and people behind me are mad. Any suggestions on how to use price matching?

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried to use price matching myself, but I think Target does it too. Some stores may even do it if you ask them even if it isn't their official policy to do so. It doesn't hurt to ask. I think it just makes sense. All stores want repeat customers, and if they are nice to you, they know you will likely return to spend their money there. This is just one of the things that you could look to do.

3. barginrocks

barginrocksMember

Threads:
    I used to price matching a lot with the products in the supermarket and online, if the price are nearly the same I prefer shopping online. When I saw a very good shirt or jacket on the shopping mall, I will remember the style, color, size and brand then search online, mostly I will buy it online during promotional day, usually I can get 50% off compared to the price on the store.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the UK some stores will only price match certain stores and won't include Lidl or Aldi. At times they do it at various times of the year, and the small print always states they reserve the right not to price match.

Some stores you have to have bought at least 5 items or spent £10 before they match the price, and most of it is done via computer. You can show they the flyers or give them the weblink to prove it too, but it is at their discretion. The small print may say that the store has to be in stock of the item too, so if they sell out they don't have to price match.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is an idea, I never thought about that. I mean if you see something in a store you like, you could always check and see if the same item is available for less. However, in many cases, once you factor in the shipping it is going to end up not being less and that might be an issue. However, I may try that next time just to see. I wonder if online vendors might participate in price matching against their competition.