Priceline Hotel Deals

Discussion in Travel started by kjonesm1 • Feb 25, 2015.

1. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I love Priceline for the deals they offer. Last year I spent a long weekend in New Orleans and couldn't find a hotel close to Bourbon St in the heart of the French Quarters for under $300 per night. I didn't want to stay in anything less than four stars since it had been a long time since I was able to take a vacation and I felt I deserved it. After checking several websites I was about to give up and settle for something I didn't want because the price tags were just too high.

A friend of mine suggested Priceline 'name your price' and I thought I'd give it a shot. I got to choose the hotel rating I was looking for, put in a price I was willing to pay and locations I was willing to stay. I started low and had to keep adjusting upwards, but eventually found a four star hotel for $129 per month. I was elated that I found something for less than half the price of the market standard at the time and when I loved the room, staff, view and general ambiance when I got there.

So if you're planning a trip I suggest you check out PriceLine's name your price before you commit your reservations.

2. PunkinPie

PunkinPieMember

Threads:
    I also use Priceline often. Most of the time I am pressed for time and the name your own price option can take a while to figure out and can be annoying at times. I like to use the express deals feature. You can sometimes score really great hotels for almost 60-75% off of their regular listed price. I do like the name your own price feature, but for someone in a time bind the express deals can be a great option.