Prisoners

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by sarz • Mar 7, 2014.

1. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    Watched Prisoners last night wihout reading the sypnosis and so was expecting something completely different. Thought it was going to be set in a prison and so forth.

Upon writing this post I thought should I give a sypnosis for those who have not seen it yet? Most people read one before they watch a film to get an idea what it is about. Usually I am one of those people. Note to self never judge a film by its title :)

I decided not to give a sypnosis as those who have seen it won't and those who have not I think will be pleasantly surprised whether they read it or not.

Two hours of suspense, guessing, action, emotion and a superb twist at the end. Starring Hugh Jackman, Jack Gyllenhall and Terence Howard to name a few.

If you have not seen it yet then please do and if you have what did you think?

2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Oh man, I love that movie, although I think its a wee bit generic. But I really liked it, its simple story line and straight forward way of telling it really made me like it more, since I am not a fan of that type of story telling, and I like movies that make me like them. But I think the real reason why I loved this film is Hugh Jackman. Man, that guy can really act, I mean REALLY ACT. He made me bite my lip in utter awe of his acting, If I had to choose the two best actors that I've watched in films, its either Tom Hanks or Hugh Jackman. I won't spoil it for you, go check it out, its a great film, great acting and a lot of suspense. If you're a fan of good movies, definitely check it out.

3. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    It was nice to see him a different role, as I am used to seeing him as Wolverine now. I agree with your comments don't think it was generic because it was not what I was expecting. Another great film I watched was Oldboy. Starring Josh Brolin and Samuel J Jackson and Sharlto Copley.