Prizes You've Won

Discussion in Contests & Sweepstakes started by TheViper • Dec 15, 2013.

1. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I'm interested in know what prizes you have one over the years in different giveaways and sweepstakes.

The most recent price I've won was $200 visa giftcard from a survey sweepstakes. What about you guys?

2. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    About 2 years ago I won a competition where I had to write about my favourite song. I wrote about The Black Eyed Peas with their song 'Where is the love'.

I won an Ipad, a soundsystem and Spotify premium for a year.

3. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I think I remember that competition. Sadly I did not win that one and never heard from them.

Little surprised that there aren't more post here yet!

4. onlysue

onlysueNew Member

Threads:
    I have been very unlucky over the years and as far back as I can remember I have only ever won 2 prizes.

The first one I was about 10 years old and won a doll in a 'Name The Doll' competition. I had been strong armed in to entering it as hardly anybody else had entered and they were desperate to get people to take part. I was gutted. I always hated dolls so to end up winning one was terrible!

The second thing I won was a portable TV in a draw at a local sports centre. The draw was actually made by a surprise guest - my favourite sports personality - and I wasn't there!

5. XDetTigers420X

XDetTigers420XNew Member

Threads:
    I actually won a car from the McDonald's Monopoly game. Well actually it wasn't just me, me and my friend both had 2 out of the 4 railroads. We just combined them all together, sent them in and claimed our prize. We just sold the car on Craigslist and split the money 50/50. We each came out with $10,000, I couldn't believe it! It's the only thing I've ever won in my entire life. I guess that just goes to show you, you never know!

6. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    Only thing I've ever won in my life was from a competition on Facebook. Free to enter, literally just clicked a button on an app and you were entered. Two months later I found an email from the English FA telling me I'd won a pair of tickets to go and watch England vs Wales. I believe it was a Euro 2012 qualifier although I'm not 100% sure. Was very nice to win something. :)

7. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    The only thing I ever won was an 50.00 gift card from Amazon, and I was super excited. I have tried so many other sweepstakes and have never won them . I have never gave up , I have also tried the McDonald game still unsuccessful. I guess when it my turn it my turn and I will be so excited just to win big or small. Just to have good luck.

8. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I've won a bunch of little things like this. Won a package from Starbucks from a similar Facebook thing to the above poster. Just filled out a form and I was one of like 500 or 1000 winners - got a big box of coffee, a nice french press, and a gift certificate.

I won another Facebook "like" contest once which was a $100 gift certificate to a Seattle based coffee company, Stumptown.

I've won concert tickets on several occasions (as a teen), books, CD's and tapes (!) off the radio.

In total my prizes are certainly less than $1000 total, but it is always fun to get something that you aren't expecting.

9. alfonso

alfonsoMember

Threads:
    If your unlucky, what should I call myself? Throughout my life I can only remember winning something once. Back when I was little, McDonald's did a promo where they give out scratchers when you buy their food, I won $20 I think, pretty lame but still something I guess. Maybe I should be more proactive with raffles, promo and such.

10. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I still enter sweepstakes from time to time but not as much as I used to. I have won a brush set, an activity book, and a $10 dollar general gift card. Nothing big but I guess that's the way it goes. I'll keep trying and maybe one day, win something expensive or close to it.

11. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've won some prizes from my TV operator that makes loads of contests on Facebook. I've won videos, CDS and T-shirts, it feels great to win free stuff, I love it!

12. MelissaEwan9

MelissaEwan9New Member

Threads:
    I have no any thing, which I won :(

13. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have only won once and it was rather a nice one. I am part of a site called My Voice and every time you complete a survey for them they put you into a monthly draw for a chance to win £1000, well once month I won it! I almost didn't get it because when they emailed me to tell me I assumed it was a scam email! Thankfully they phoned me and told me they have this problem a lot. :)

My dad won the pools once, he won't 20,000 and was very unhappy that it wasn't more! No pleasing some people! :)

14. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    Wow some people are very lucky! The most I have ever won is a $5 amazon gift card! I don't even remember what site that was from, some small survey site, any suggestions on sites to use? Wait, I take that back I have also won a t-shirt from a gambling site (woo), still its crazy how much some people have won!

15. Ace

AceNew Member

Threads:
    If we are talking about online, then nothing really big. In real life I called in to a radio station once and won Avicii tickets. The concerts in May, I'm pretty pumped!

Usually winning contests and such are rigged so it can be quite difficult. Everyone gets lucky at one point though.

16. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I have won a few pitchers of beer and a few articles of clothing but that is about it. I have never won anything on the internet and at one point (several years ago) I thought that if I entered enough contests I would be bound to win something. My gut tells me that if the contest is in real life where the draw is at a given place at a given time, I have a chance. If the contest is on the internet - there probably was never any intent to award a prize. After all - does anyone ever check the validity of the "winners" to see if they are real?

17. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I actually won a rice cooker than retailed at $300+ at the time. I still have it and love it to pieces. I would never spend that much on something silly like that, but to win won was awesome and I still use it at least once a week still yet, years later. It's the type that will even make sushi rice to perfection without a lot of handholding.

18. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    I have never won anything from online competitions which I enter regularly which is frustrating. When I was a child I won a lot of the competitions in the paper as they required you to draw or colour which I was good at. I won a My Little Pony Castle which would be the most expensive thing I have won, I won a Bill and Ben gardening set but I never was into gardening, I won the chance for my sandcastle design to be made by a professional sandcastle person and a £20 voucher for a local toy shop. I have won some other smaller prizes as well but I can't remember them all.

19. lavenderblue

lavenderblueMember

Threads:
    Here are the best prizes I've ever won from online contests.

- A Vita-Mix blender, worth $600+. Wanted this so much, so happy to win it!
    - $1000 shopping spree at Gorjana, they sell jewelry and fashion items.
    - A Samsung Behold II phone back when it first premiered and was worth $400+.

I used to be obsessed with contests and giveaways after having all this success. These days the competition is much tighter though. Blog contests are still worthwhile though I think, as there are fewer competitors. The prizes are a bit less exciting though.

20. Mina

MinaMember

Threads:
    Where did you find the competitions with those such expensive prizes? Although I don't think I have the will to try and win something online, I'm really interested.