Prizes You've Won

Discussion in Contests & Sweepstakes started by TheViper • Dec 15, 2013.

1. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Wow, that's quite awesome Lavender!

You mentioned that you are obsessed with them now, so I'm wondering just how much time you spend entering contests. Does it end up being worth all the time because you end up winning some of these big prizes occasionally?

2. ghostwheel

ghostwheelMember

Threads:
    The best prize I won was by filling out a competition entry on one of those old ZX Spectrum computer magazines when I was a kid - I got first prize of a black and white pocket telly. I was well chuffed for ages but my parents banned me from using it at night as I'd stay up late watching it under my duvet.

Another one was a pocket calculator with advanced functions in a school trip in my teenage years - I was supposed to wait after school for somebody to pick me up for a photoshoot but nobody turned up. Nor did I get the calculator, I didn't complain though and it was all quietly forgotten about.

3. Athena02

Athena02Member

Threads:
    I mostly take part in forum Arcade Contests. Sweeptakes normally depend mostly on luck, and I suck at things like referral or posting contests, take too much work :p As for the prizes I've won, since most of the contests I've taken part in were on gaming forums, I've won prize money, games and video game cards. There's actually this contest that I'm currently taking part in

4. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    There was a time I won an iPad from olx. I was given this iPad because I sold some Items on the website and they were having some promotion. The competition was great even there were some people who won a car.

5. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    The most I have ever won was a $5 gift card to Wal-Mart. I would love to win more but I don't have the time to sit around and enter contests all day.

6. FrugalFranny

FrugalFrannyNew Member

Threads:
    I remember winning a gift card recently from a blogger's website. I believe the blog was called, "Mom 3 boys" or something like that. It was my first contest I've ever won! I was so excited, I couldn't believe it. I couldn't stop talking about it for days, even though it was only $25. I have entered another contest where I won a free Windex bottle about a month ago. I wanted to win this one particular contest that had to do with naming the mermaid for Chick of The Sea. I submitted many names, when I didn't win; I stopped entering contests & sweepstakes. I might try my hand at it again, soon.

7. sully3333

sully3333Member

Threads:
    Back before she went insane, my sister won backstage passes to a Miley Cyrus concert. I couldn't believe she actually won, but hey, you can't win if you don't try.

8. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    I'll never forget the first time I recieved my very first sweepstakes offer! I was sixteen, and married. We lived on a farm where my husband worked. I opened the letter and read where it says," You MAY have won 1,000,000,000.00!!" Well in my excitement I totally missed the word MAY!! I thought I had won, what a disappointment that was.

9. Gadzooks

GadzooksMember

Threads:
    I recently won a prize from Mars M&Ms, for a $6 Digital Mastercard. I was very excited when I won, as it's been SO long since I've won anything. All I did was text the number 78787 and wrote Movie and sent it. It will write you back and ask for your birthdate, then your email. Then it will tell you if you've won. :) I don't know how many winners a day it has but I did it at night and won. Yay me! :) This is really recent to, within the past week so you can go ahead and try it as well. :)

10. zuulspaceman

zuulspacemanNew Member

Threads:
    I entered this contest on a website daily for a month where they were giving away $100 in Amazon money. I won 3 times that month, and each day spent maybe 10 seconds submitting an entry. Felt very lucky, and I really needed the prize money. I was able to get new clothes when I was broke and it also got me some great reading materials!

11. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    I entered a horse racing contest where the prize was $100. out of 10 races you pick the horse you think will finish in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. I don't know jack about horse racing. And I won . LOL. I picked the names that most others didn't.

FYI there are sites like swagbucks.com where you can earn "swagbucks" and cash out for amazon gift cards or paypal cash. You earn them by testing beta versions of video games, filling out surveys and even watching TV ! Even searching for topics with their search engine earns you swagbucks.

12. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I never have any luck with entering sweepstakes or lotteries so I tend not to bother. I actually do surveys for extra money and stay completely away from the sites that only "pay" in sweepstakes entries. If I'm going to put my time into something, I want to get paid in cash/PayPal or at the very least, a gift card of some sort.

13. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    PR usually doesn't qualify for a lot of sweepstakes or competitions from the US. :(

I once won a corset from Orchard Corset weekly giveaway.

14. briancox2020

briancox2020New Member

Threads:
    I won an Android Phone once.. :)

15. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I use to enter sweepstakes daily as a hobby. It takes a lot of effort. However; it is a great feeling when you win. I have won movie tickets, a case of potato chips, shirts, etc. the largest prize I ever won in a sweepstakes is a spa package. It consisted of a $100 gift card to the spa and a nice bathrobe.

16. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting topic.. :D

As for me, I won a radio from a Pepsi raffle, $75 from an auction website just for joining the site, $50 from a referral contest and some other small prizes that I can no longer remember like toys, gift checks, etc.. :)

17. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    I have never won anything, but my turn will come. My sister once entered a radio sweepstakes for Z100 and won. This was around 2009, when she won a pair of Lady Gaga inspired Beats earphones. They were really uncomfortable, but it was free and that was all that made her happy. I would want to win a car one day, it does not have to be fancy.

18. ReDGuNNeR

ReDGuNNeRMember

Threads:
    The best prize I have ever won in a contest was a $300 gift card from a random gaming website I used to go on. It was like those offer sites but much less intensive than the ones you see these days. I also won a Nintendo DS Lite from a similar site. Winning stuff is so much fun, why haven't I won anything new in recent years? Wah!

19. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I have won a few things from an app called ReapSo. I won two bath sets and a $10 iTunes card. I have never won anything from surveys or any type of contest.

20. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I have won a few things from an app called ReapSo. I won two bath sets and a $10 iTunes card. I have never won anything from surveys or any type of contest.