Prizes You've Won

Discussion in Contests & Sweepstakes started by TheViper • Dec 15, 2013.

1. ReDGuNNeR

ReDGuNNeRMember

Threads:
    My most recent haul was actually a $50 Amazon GC from a similar app like ReapSo. Combining applications like these allows for some pretty nice payouts/side money to spend on entertainment and leisure activities.

2. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    Not anything great but recently 2 months of XBox Live Gold, 1 bottle Sparkling Fruit 20 Beverage, various music downloads.

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never win anything. You guys make me envious. If I do win something a huge majority of the time it's something I don't really won. Last Christmas I did win the community bingo and we got money off our rent but I'm sure that's only because there wasn't much competition. If there's competition and it's something I did want/need forget it. I'm not going to bother even trying.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have won many prizes over the years, mainly with my "scratchie habit". There are days when I suddenly get an overwhelming feeling to go down to the news agency and buy a scratch ticket, and nine times out of ten I have a winning. Usually small amounts, between $20-$50, but at times I have also won $250. Once I pulled in $850 in winnings. Sometimes I think that I should work more on this special sense that I have. :)

5. vennybunny

vennybunnyMember

Threads:
    I've won a great pair of headphones from Brainwavz. I used them for years before they wore out. :)

I usually go for contests that I know won't have many entries. :) (This is also why I stay away from the lottery)

6. Athena02

Athena02Member

Threads:
    I've won a few contests on GamingForce.us, the biggest one being a $300 prize. I've also won a few games and video game cards (eShop, PSN, etc) from there.

Other than that, I've been quite unlucky with online lotteries and sweepstakes. Although I suppose that's normal with the number of participants in these.

7. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I won quite a few small prizes, from a radio show - tickets to a comedy show that was fun; by guessing how many jawbreakers or something - a gift basket drawing which included all kinds of fancy chocolates; when I had to ride public transit I won a monthly bus pass; last year I set up at a flea market and won the $50 vendors' drawing. Never won anything big though.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never thought those giveaways were real so I never entered them.

9. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it has been a while since I first posted this thread. A lot has happen since the prizes I've said I won before and now. I am happy to report that I have won a bunch more prizes and other free stuff. One of the big prizes I won was a $100 amazon gift card from a contest that was running a few months back. Most recently, I won a $200 Visa gift card from a local Walmart raffle. Who knew that Walmart would do a raffle?

10. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    Well, actually, not for me - but for my mother. There was this magazine sitting around our living room table and she found a raffle where you need to fill in your information and send it to the organizers.. we thought that there were only few people who would notice that so there is a high chance of winning.. and guess what.. SHE WON. She got around $800 cash (local currency converted to the nearest dollar) and some home appliances. what-a-luck!

11. payvinc

payvincNew Member

Threads:
    Pencils. That's all. So sad.

12. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    Just before Christmas I actually won two prizes from online competitions - the first was a toy that is attached to a kids bicycle and makes sounds that makes the bicycle sound like a motorcycle (which my cousin loved!) and the second was tickets to an EDM event in London on New Years Eve. I didn't end up going to it so unfortunately the tickets went to waste as nobody else wanted them at such short notice. :(

13. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    More than a year since I've won anything, to be honest I haven't participated in many competitions as well, just the occasional Christmas raffles, but I am not lucky. Never won a big prize also, my time is yet to come. :)

14. Xenokitten

XenokittenNew Member

Threads:
    I just started sweeping (as I call it) in October 2014 Since then, I've won many, many things, totalling probably about $3,000 or more. My biggest win I don't want to disclose fully because it was a large amount and I feel unsafe/weird disclosing that online. I'll just say it was over $2,000 and under $10,000 cash on visa giftcards and you can use your imagination to fill in the blanks.

I've won tablets twice, one was a google nexsus 7, and the other was a kindle fire hd6. I've won countless amazon giftcards, probably totalling over 200-300 dollars in amazon cards. I've also won two free $150 starbucks cards, and I don't drink coffee so I sold the cards for cash. (Got around 85 bucks for each card.).

The "weirdest" thing I won was a free asian ball-jointed doll. I collect them, most people don't know what they are and would think they are weird. I placed a small order with a company (Migidoll) durring their christmas event. Each day in december they were giving away two free dolls to customers who placed orders at random times on their website. So that's cool. It's a very expensive hobby - $300 - thousands of dollars, for a doll. (as I said most people would think it weird. lol.)

15. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    A long, long, time ago I won swatch watch design contest, and got a free swatch (the were big at that time). But that was also from a design I submitted, not just from luck.

I have never won anything otherwise. That's probably why I have come to believe so many of these contests are just information harvesting scams. But maybe from all your responses I see I should give some of these contests a try.

16. Happy247

Happy247Member

Threads:
    I used to enter sweepstakes on a daily basis for hours on end. I thought that would increase my chances of winning something really big but it didn't. I had mail coming to my house on a weekly basis of things that I had won. I've gotten tons of make-up packages, movie tickets, body care products, posters, hair care products, about 20 packs of Duracell batteries, $100 gift card for Amazon, tickets to Scream World, coupons for all kinds of free snacks, and a host of other things. I was happy for a while but I really wanted to win cash, a trip or something like that. This gives me an idea. I may have to get back to my sweepstakes ritual.

17. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I work in the mobile industry so I have an app called HTC Champions. Basically the app allows you to take yraings and discuss HTC products for points that you can redeem for prizes. Well right around Christmas I redeemed my points for a PS4, during the same time they were running a contest so I also won a gold HTC One M8.

18. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I once won a huge stuffed toy animal at a fare completely out of luck, but that's not something that'd be put on offer as a giveaway really. Still, my friend and I worked out that day if you calculated the odds of winning it through paying each time it'd leave you $150 out of pocket!

19. Lexus1

Lexus1New Member

Threads:
    My first big win was on Facebook. I entered a contest for Lifetime Products, Inc. It was for a 8 foot adjustable fold out table and 6 chairs. I had to write what I would use the table and chairs for. It was close to Thanksgiving so I wrote how I would use it when having my family home for the holiday. Well, I won! I was like no way!!! The cool thing is they told me they would try very hard to have it sent to me by Thanksgiving, free of charge of course, and something happen that it could not be sent that fast so they gave me 2 more folding chairs! So I have this very nice fold out table, and 8 fold out chairs. I used it for Christmas! I have been pretty lucky on instant lottery tickets. I win between $10 to $50 dollars most of the time. I have entered many contests that I never won anything on but in my thought process you can't win if you don't enter...so it's always worth a shot! Oh, and I also believe that positive thoughts bring positive energy to your life so STAY POSITIVE! ;)

20. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't won anything in a long time. I'm hoping that means I'm due. Over the years, I've won a la-Z-boy recliner, a kid's bike, $1000 on a church raffle-type system, and $100 on a lottery ticket. Nothing over $10 (on lottery scratch) in several years, though.