Proactiv?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by ABC123 • Mar 28, 2015.

1. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    So I have used Proactiv for years now and had great results. I am wondering about alternate skin care that is not as experience and over the counter. Anyone use something that is less then $50.00 and over the counter that truly helped with their skin problems?

2. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    Absolutely, I have been using it for about 15 years. My cousin recommended it to me in my mid twenties. It really is reasonable in regard to cost. Not to fond of the shipping cost though. That is why I was asking if anyone found an over the counter product that worked just as well as Proactiv.

3. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I use Origins brand and really love it. They have so many products you'll have to see which one works best for your needs and skin type. I'm not sure how it compares to the cost of Proactiv though. For those interested in Proactiv, I can tell you they have an absolutely amazing customer service department. I ordered it about a year ago and didn't realize before I tried it that I was actually allergic to one of the ingredients. It was a slow reaction, so I was past the 30 day money-back guarantee time, but I called them to see what was going on with my skin. They were awesome. They explained what was likely happening and gave me a full refund (at their suggestion, not mine), plus, they asked me to simply give the product to someone else who might be wanting to try it rather than have me return the unused portions. I was really impressed with that kind of service.

4. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    Origins. Is it over the counter or mail order?
    I agree Proactiv has a great customer service service. I called about receiving too many orders in a short amount of time and they told me I did nit have to pay for one. They recommended I give it away, because there is an expiration date on the product. I could not use all of it with the end date.

5. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    Origins is over the counter. I usually buy it at Sephora, but some of the malls near me have actual Origins stores, too. You can order it online as well, either from Origins direct or from Sephora. I tend to stick to Sephora only because the price is usually the same and I earn store points for their loyalty program.

6. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    I am not familiar with Sephora. Thanks for the information. I will visit their website and see if it is sold in any stores in my area. I live on the East side of the US. Thanks again.

7. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Badly, opposite to what the advertisement claims, it got a negative effect on me. When I used it, my breakout intensifies. I thought it's just normal or even better it's part, that after it, my face will be better. But times had passed so long, and through time, my breakout just got worse and worse, until I could no longer rationalise that the best thing I could probably do is to stop using it. And when I did, my face actually went better. So I conclude that it's not for me.

8. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    I did not have a negative reaction.

There is an Origins store about an hour from me. Based on their website the product appears really good but the price doesn't seem that different. I may try it though in the future to compare.

I saw a product today at the grocer store called AcneFree. It was 19.99. The product was a three step/bottle application. Later I looked it up on Amazon. It wad half the price. However there is shipping cost. I may try it, since the cost us lower the Proactiv. Still interested in the idea of an all natural product like Origins sounds like it.