Proactive Solution For Acne

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Jasmine2015 • Oct 12, 2015.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When there is balance, there is health. Eating purely healthy things can be just as harmful as eating all junk in my opinion. And it usually takes some experimentation. But that has been my personal experience. There are many variations of healthy diet out there, and that is because many people have had different experiences with what works for them and what doesn't . The trick is to find which one is going to work for you, I think.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh but of course! When I say I was on a healthy diet; it was balanced, but we had the occasional treat. It wasn't a rigid diet where you'd never find naughty foods in the house. But that never worked FOR ME. By the same token, eating say chocolate has never been a trigger for me. Mine wasn't that simplistic, or I would've got rid of my acne a lot sooner.

I guess in essence we ARE agreeing; the bottom line is there really isn't a text book solution to acne that cuts across the board for all acne sufferers. As you said, it really is about finding what works for you as an individual. You just have to pray it doesn't take you forever to find it like it did for me.

You know, @Jasmine2015@Jasmine2015....I would never have thought that before, because my acne used to cover literally the whole surface of my face. But lately, whenever I get a spot (granted, it's not often anymore) it goes on my jawline. For that reason, i'm inclined to believe that my acne has graduated to the hormonal type. I take Evening PrimroseOil to help with my hormones and PMS. I think it's good, for the most part :)

#22Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2016
  3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, there never seems to be a textbook definition with anything, which is probably why they are always reporting something new about how foods that were supposed to be good for us are actually bad, and vice versa, because you cannot use blanket statements so loosely with food and diet, and the human body.

4. Lushlala

Threads:
    Really? I beg to differ, because all through my suffering, from dermatologist to dermatologist, I'd hear the same message! I got the same theory about there being a correlation between a good diet and acne, that if I drank a lot of water and took all the antibiotics they gave me, my acne would disappear. I strongly felt none of them cared about my individual situation and just relied on a a lot of theoretical stuff they'd learnt in training i.e textbook solutions to acne. None of it worked for me.

It took me doing my own research and buying my own products from Boots to finally be rid of my dreaded acne. By the same token, the stuff that helped me is not guaranteed to help the next person, because each case is different. For that reason, I object to those who should know better, treating all acne cases as one, as if there can only ever be one solution to the catalogue of acnes cases out there.

5. healthgeek

healthgeekNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, I agree. Hormonal changes do give rise to acne. It does not help with the bad weather nowadays. I try to steer away from any chemical ingredients if possible in my skin care products. Some products only cure the symptoms but not the root of the problem. Then when the skin got used to the chemical ingredients, the products do not work anymore. I tried a few brands for my pimples breakouts and no major results. Now I finally found the one I loved! The skincare products I now use work from the cellular level so it is safer. Not harsh on my skin, so far my breakouts reduce significantly and the pores look slightly smaller. Thank god for this!!

6. Lushlala

Threads:
    @healthgeek@healthgeek....I agree on the hormonal changes leading to acne. I've been told the biggest clue is spots along the jawline, and that's where mine is. I don't know if that's actually true or not. I've also been told that hormonal acne is the most difficult and stubborn to treat. Mine's under control but I still break out here and there. I doubt I'll ever be truly be rid of it, to be honest. It's the bane of my life :(

I'm glad you found something that works for you. If you don't mind me asking, what product is it?

7. Lushlala

Threads:
    Thanks for your response, @ healthgeek.....I've had a quick glance at the site and I like the look of the products. It also sounds like it's fairly gentle and not too harsh! Not exactly cheap, but sometimes you do have to pay more for quality when it comes to stuff you put on your skin, which I don't have a problem with at all.

8. healthgeek

healthgeekNew Member

Threads:
    Quality products do come with a higher price. But you save money and hassle in the long run because you no longer be trying different stuff to get the result you want. I think ultimately, as long as a product suits you that is most important.

9. Lushlala

Threads:
    I totally agree with you on that, @healthgeek.....in as much as products being pricey is not always indicative of their quality and efficacy, I found that to be true in my case. For ages, I kept trying cheap store brands, everything under the sun, going to dermatologist after dermatologist, but sadly nothing would work. Eventually, I bit the bullet and went for pricier products paired with expensive skin clinic treatments, and here I am.....my skin is by no means perfect, but boy, is it a whole lot better than what it was! In fact, it's the best it's ever been since I started getting acne. I'm glad I invested and continue to invest good money on my skin care :)

10. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I once had a big issue with acne after I gave birth and I also considered buying ProActive that time because I really wanted all those bumps to go away. I was actually convinced by the commercials I saw because it was endorsed by famous celebrities. I never continued buying though because I still found it to be a little bit over my budget. Now that I have read all the feed backs here, I'm feeling thankful that I didn't give in to buying the product. :)

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't used Proactive yet, but since it didn't work for you I would suggest that you just use Panoxyl Acnegel. In my experience it worked fast and it dries the pimple overnight. It's quite cheap too and available over the counter.

12. Lushlala

Threads:
    I can definitely vouch for Panoxyl Acnegel! I'd all but given up on ever getting rid of my acne after trying everything under the sun and failing to address it, when I stumbled across fantastic reviews of the stuff online. Luckily, I was able to buy it from my local Boots pharmacy. I went straight for the highest strength, at 10% because I wanted to be aggressive in my approach LOL Plus I reckoned as my skin is very oily, it would be able to withstand it. I bought both the face wash and gel and it sorted me out in no time. -and you're right, @sidney@sidney, it's very affordable! Since then, I'm never without it, although the highest strength I can get here is 5%, sadly. Benzoyl Peroxide saved my face, for sure!

13. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I have always wondered about this product, and I have heard arguments for both sides. I have never tried it, mostly due to the high cost, but it was one of those that I always thought about calling "just this once". If I had to guess I would say that it does work, but not nearly as a miracle which a lot of people claim it is. I guess I will just have to wait and see if I ever get the chance to try it.

14. Lushlala

Threads:
    Proactive does split people straight down the middle, so it obviously works for some and not others. The other thing I forgot to mention's that I had one product in the range that was like a fine scrub and my, it made my skin so sore and sensitive, and I don't even have super sensitive skin.

If you really wanted to try it and you went ahead and bought it but it didn't work for you, they have a 28 day returns policy. Well, that's if they still offer it. You return the empty bottles and they basically pay you back. I never bothered because I was too lazy LOL

15. Veron Mitchell

Veron MitchellNew Member

Threads:
    Yes Jasmine i have also experience that

16. elguz

elguzNew Member

Threads:
    Wow, I didn't think there would be many negative comments about ProActiv. I can still remember how much I wanted to buy this product when I first encountered it years ago. I was even more convinced when I saw big stars like Alicia Keys, Katy Perry, and Justin Bieber promoted it. But I was taken aback when I found out its price. The starter kit was already expensive and it would only last for a month that's why I did not pursue buying the product. Before I found this thread, whenever I see commercials of Proactiv, I still get that feeling of wanting to buy it. Thanks to everyone who have shared their experiences, Proactiv is no longer on my list.

17. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have used ProActive and found that it irritated my skin. It made it red and dry so I quit using it. I do not think it did much for my breakouts anyway. It is very expensive in my eyes and for all the hype it has about it being so good I would have thought it would have been better. I guess there are people that it works for and that's great. I have used numerous products that never really worked so I just used whatever I had on hand to clean my face. Recently, I joined Avon and bought their blackhead eliminating facial scrub and toner. I was totally surprised by how well it has worked and my skin does not feel dried out. My T-zone area is nearly free of blackheads and my skin feels so much cleaner and smoother than before. I love when I can find a product that works. It was reasonably priced and I only need a very small amount of the cleanser so I believe it will last a long time.