Product Review: Turtle Beach X12 Gaming Headphones

Discussion in Product Reviews started by techbeast34 • Nov 28, 2012.

1. techbeast34

techbeast34Member

Threads:
    Hey guys, and welcome to my review of the Ear Force Turtle Beach X12 Gaming Headset.

First off, the Turtle Beach X12 is about one of the greatest headsets I have bought, especially for the quality, price, and workmanship. The X12s can be gotten for ~$60 retail, but I've seen some go for less than $50.

Quality: The quality of the X12s is astounding. If you have been using speakers on a TV for playing games, switching to the X12s will be a great leap in quality. The basses are very low and rich, but bass is not favored, giving a balance between bass and the other sounds. Each sound in a game is crystal clear, allowing you to hear every single detail, giving you that competitive edge on multiplayer games. The X12s are also perfect for music, as each instrument is articulated perfectly, vocals are crisp and clear, and each beat of bass is low, rich, and defined.

Comfort: The X12s are comfortable to wear for extended periods of time, as the ear cushions are soft and breathable, allowing for your ears to not get sweaty. There is a soft band across the top of the headset which allows for the top of your head to stay comfortable. The X12s do have a good grip onto your head, allowing it not to fall off easily, yet still having good comfort.

Other Features: The "Talkback" feature allows you to hear what you are saying into the microphone, so you can know whether or not there is background noise when you are chatting with friends on Xbox Live, talking on Skype, or chatting on PC games. The quality of the microphone is excellent, and everybody can hear me loud and clear. The cable length for the X12s is more than enough, allowing for someone to game pretty much anywhere in the room.

Cons: The X12s are a bit bulky to carry around; when the cable is wrapped up, it takes up a lot of space.

Overview: All in all, the Ear Force Turtle Beach X12 Gaming Headset is an excellent choice for PC/Xbox Gaming, Chatting, or listening to music.

2. Deities

DeitiesNew Member

Threads:
    Thank you for the review. I personally have been looking at the X12's for some time now. I myself have a pair of Razer Electra's and wanted to get the Astro A40's as a new improvement headset. Many people suggested to look at the Turtle beach X12's and so I did.

Do you think they compare to the A40's on the same level? Or is this more a product for a price tag buyer who wants a good deal at a decent price?

3. techbeast34

techbeast34Member

Threads:
    I would say the X12s don't really compare with the Astro A40s, as the A40s have a frequency range of 15 Hz to 28,000 Hz, allowing it to replicate most sounds, and also allowing for it to output a deeper bass (theoretically). The X12s have a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20000 Hz, so it will not be able to replicate as many pitches as the A40s. If you are able to afford the A40s, then go for it. But if you would like a headset that meets most needs (I use it for video editing too) and is also at a lower price, then I would recommend the X12s.

4. HughIvar

HughIvarBanned

Threads:
    All in all, the Ear Force Turtle Beach X12 Gaming Headset is an excellent choice for PC/Xbox Gaming, Chatting, or listening to music.

5. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    I have had some very different experiences with Turtle Beach in the past. The products I have gotten work well enough, but are not quite as rugged as they should be. They break constantly and the support line is not very helpful. Personally, I go for Astros or Tritons, or even headsets from well known and respectable audio companies like Sennheiser.

6. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    I have owned two turtle beach headphones in the past, and I have kept them in excellent condition. The only problem I have had with turtle beach headphones is that the sound will stop working after awhile. And I think they are very expensive.

7. techbeast34

techbeast34Member

Threads:
    I agree with the statement of that Turtle Beachs are not very rugged, but if you spend the extra ~$10 on a warrenty, then you won't have to spend another $60 (or more) on a headset, but instead just get another headset to replace the other one at almost no charge at all.