Product Testing

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Rosyrain • Sep 1, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Are any of you signed up with market research groups that send you products to test and take surveys on or write reviews about? I am on Bzzagent and have already received a couple of test products to try. It is a fun way to get free stuff and points just for participating. I also took a survey a while back with another company and was sent some test makeup. At the end of the program they even threw in an Amazon gift card.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to test products like shampoo and cleaning products and it's fine, but some companies now are quite strict about whether you qualify and that you have x amount of time to use it and to report back.

I know the agency that sent them out were always anxious I got the parcel, but as they were always last minute assignments I would wait for the postman to deliver them which was not always convenient. If you have a big mailbox to put them in great, otherwise you have to make sure someone can take delivery.

3. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    We have parcel boxes where I live, so if the package is too big to put in the standard mailbox then the delivery person puts it in the parcel box and then a key to that goes in our mailbox. The only thing I don't like is that sometimes it takes forever to get the product and then I have forgotten that I agreed to take part in the study.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I signed up for BzzAgent, then got busy with other things. I haven't done anything with them, but need to go back and see what they're all about, because I enjoy testing new products. Are there other companies y'all know about that work similarly, and provide opportunities to test products? I haven't tried many, but the most recent was skin cream, which I really enjoyed using.

5. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I personally do not know of any other sites, but I am sure they are out there and I just have not discovered them yet. Bzzagent is an all around fun site to work on and their messages to the agents are always quirky and fun. I actually learned of this site from another user of this very forum!

6. Penny

PennyActive Member

Threads:
    I was a Bzzagent for a while but it really become too much of a hassle and most of the products I was offered were inexpensive and of limited interest. The surveys were jus endless so it ended up taking lot of time. Then I had a hell period at work and forgot to do one campaign which seems to have left me cut off. Influenster is a little better. You get a whole box of things and only need to participate in the feedback for those you like.

But mostly I focused on getting my rank higher and then I was soon offered all sots of free samples by companies wanting a review. All above board of course, I say in the review that I got a free sample and if the product is not good, I say so.

7. Vicenta

VicentaMember

Threads:
    What is bzzagent? I came across that site years ago but couldn't figure out how to get the products to test they never emailed me or anything so I moved on from it. But do you get paid to test products? Or how do they work? I have signed up for a few sites like pinecone research and I say and have gotten a few things to test things like food, juice, toilet paper, etc and usually get paid between 5 to 15 for testing them out plus I get to keep the items.