Product Testing

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Vinaya • Dec 18, 2016.

1. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    During product promotions, some companies offer free product testing, where a consumer has to try the product. For example, if the product is a shampoo, a consumer has to use it and give feedback. If the product is edible thing, the consumer has to eat it.
    Have you participated on such kinds product testing?

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't participated in any such advertising except on one occasion but it was for a local food court, nothing involving a tv.

I think it would be a nice opportunity to be part of a tester as long as the products agree with my ethical and safety guidelines.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Recently yes when a new mart has opened its branch in our place. Upon its opening, there are several kiosks outside the mall giving free sample of their products like the cooked noodles, the premixed hot milk, the liniment for muscles and strained joints. They are all tested by the prospective customers including myself.

4. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    I received a couple of samples as a part of User study and feedback. One was a skin lotion and the other was a tea powder packet. I found both of them good and a week later, the delivery guy came to collect feedback. He also suggested that I provide an online feedback as well.

What usually happens is, the organization selects a subset of the population for testing the product before launching it into the market. The feedback is then used to make any modifications and to know how likely are people willing to buy the product. I had a positive experience and I find it as a good and effective measure to test the product.

5. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I actually signed up for a testing product site but never got any products sent to me for testing. I would have really enjoyed this process and to top it of we can keep the product no matter what it is. Maybe I don't qualify to be a tester or maybe they chose a certain amount of people periodically.

6. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Here there is a retail chain who occasionally send mails to their loyal customers for testing the promotional products. After using the products, the customers are asked to fill a form to provide the feedback. I have taken part in couple of such promotional reviews. However, apart from that so far I have not taken part in any.

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have done that as part of other groups I belonged to. I haven't done anything recently, but I have tested cosmetic products, food and cleaning products. I think the best thing was when I belonged to a forum devoted to popcorn and I got to test several different kinds. That was really a lot of fun!

8. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    When I was a child living at home with my parents, we tested a chocolate bar. I can't remember the name of the chocolate bar but it had nuts and caramel and wafer inside it. We did enjoy eating them and when the lady came around to ask us the questions, we all sat down with her and gave her the info she wanted to know. It was good fun and we got given a nice big box to much through as a thankyou.

9. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I am yet to participate in any of these advertising program, I would be interested in these kind of deals. There was a time I dabbled into a site of this nature product testing I was skeptical. The product was to come from abroad, a beauty item, I was made to understand the shipping is at my cost.

10. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I've been asked to test digital items on more than one occasion then to give my honest opinion on it to the public. as fun as it sounds, I hate doing it and I turn down most of them. Most of the testing requires time to generate enough knowledge to give an unbiased report and I just can't be bothered most of the time.

11. Penny

PennyActive Member

Threads:
    Sure. I do product testing through BzzAgent.com. I used to also get a lot of products from Amazon marketplace vendors, but now reviews based on free samples are not allowed. I've never received anything really valuable, but it is a fun way to try new things at no risk. I am currently waiting on a new device that is meant to make hair fall out using just bright light so you never have to shave. I'd probably never risk buying one because I am not sure if it will work, but I am happy to be a "guinea pig" and report my experience if they provide it for free.

12. Mimik

MimikNew Member

Threads:
    I've tested only apps and websites.

13. avaleycoupons

avaleycouponsNew Member

Threads:
    If it comes from a known and trusted brand, I'd definitely give it a try. Especially if there is some kind of consumer safety assurance.