Products Made Of China, Are They Inferior In Quality?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Nakitakona • Nov 15, 2016.

1. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I find that clothes I buy from China are definitely of inferior quality, They are usually of thin fabric and much smaller than the average sizing.

However I wouldn't say that all their products are inferior. Take electronics for instance, I've known people who have bought phones from China that have worked well and lasted a long time. It just depends on what you buy,.

2. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    @littlewitch66@littlewitch66 I have bought items from China since a long time. Based on my experience, I can say you get what you pay. You can buy a bikini from china for less than $5, which other wise would cost more than $10 else where. If you paid, $5 for a bikini, you are sure to get inferior quality. However, you can find $15 bikini in Chinese store and it is as good as the one you buy from the US.

#42Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2017
  3. jakub

jakubMember

Threads:
    @luri@luri I agree with your statement and i'm fully aware that a lot of people have misconceptions about quality when it comes to Chinese products.

#43Aug 27, 2017
  4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @luri@luri It's not only a bikini but other products too. I am basically from India and what we get in our country is perhaps the worst especially in electrical section. In fact it's not the Chinese manufacturer which is to be blamed but our traders that ask for cheap items paying very low price which makes all the difference.

5. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I have also seen news regarding products coming from China that do malfunctions and can sometimes even cause a fire if left unattended. Though I must say it's only an isolated incidents because of the fact that some unscrupulous individuals are conniving in order for these unsafe products which did not undergo a routine government inspections to go into public consumption.

6. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Most products from China have early planned obsolescence. There is a reason why they are very cheap. To make it worst the earnings of that money is being used by China to bully smaller countries by trying to steal their Islands. Just ask Japan, Philippines,India and Malaysia.

7. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    @TheOtherSide@TheOtherSide I have heard and seen a lot of news and information in regards to products from china malfunctioning shortly after purchase, this is beyond control.

#47Sep 12, 2017
  8. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    @littlewitch66@littlewitch66 I think we can agree that in regards to the subject of clothes from china, that they are not only of inferior quality but useless as well.

#48Sep 13, 2017
  9. Meeseeks

MeeseeksMember

Threads:
    If you want to save a lot without compromising your safety, maybe try to buy products that made from other country. China is known for their notorious cheap and sub-standard merchandises. But then again, price is just a little factor to consider when it comes to your family's safety.

10. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I think the greedy and inferior manufacturing companies in china gave it a bad reputation but there are high quality products in china as well.

11. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    I don't know what China did to deserve all the negative comments.Most of the electronics we use in my country are china-made.I have not experienced any problems with their products.The reason people jump straight to slandering their handiwork is because their products are reasonably affordable.Cheap is not the word I would use.

12. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    What I understand about China product and production is that it's what you desire them to produce for you that they actually go into their factory to produce for you. It all depends on the money value that you want your products to be in that you get from Chinese manufacturers.

China is the leading country in production of goods of all sorts. They have both the manpower and technology to give you a desired end product to the money you paid for such commodities. So therefore, if you want your products to be of high quality or low quality, it's all in your hands and not China.

13. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    People have negative ideas about the products of china because they only judge them by the cheaper qualities and not the higher.

14. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    Even in my country till now, people keep saying that China made phones are fake. They say is it is because China produces high quality phones in their place and dump the products that came out with low quality in my country. Since they sell them at cheaper price in wholesale, they are still imported and purchased by the same people who say the phone is fake.

15. Meeseeks

MeeseeksMember

Threads:
    Not generalizing, but the majority of the items that I bought from China were all sub standard. Yeah, they are cheap alright but you have to keep in mind that buying a cheap product meaning you are compromising its quality too.

16. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    @Kieranlewix@Kieranlewix Exploding Cellphones, Milk with Melamin, Rice made of plastic, delivering clothes for Barbie dolls when you ordered real clothes, Appliances that gets broken in few months, shirts with mercury and toxic toys. China deserved all the criticism their products are getting.

#56Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2017
  17. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I think it will all depend on what Chinese products we're talking about. There are a lot of low quality China-made electronics flooding the market and they're cheap. When they're too cheap and 'unbranded', you'll probably get what you have bargained for. However, not all China-made products are of low quality. Huawei, for example, is a Chinese brand but it's a reputable brand with durable mobile products. In my country, there are several Android phones that are locally designed but manufactured in China and they offer the same features found in high end cellphones but are priced at less than half of the price of prestigious brands. These products, at least, offer alternatives to consumers. Let's face, I think most appliances will have at least a few parts that are made in China because that's how the manufacturers cut product costs.

18. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    @Jamille@Jamille I agree, people often only focus on the cheap and low end products and not pay attention to the leading and innovative companies.

#58Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2017
  19. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    Not every product that is made in China is substandard. I think they have evolved over the years because I remember couple of years ago in my country, when you product or device is labelled "china" then it's substandard and of inferior quality. But now people flaunt their made in China products because the quality can compete anywhere in the world.

20. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I have ordered for Xmas lights from China and a few other items. They lasted for two years and same would be the case if I had bought them locally, the difference being they are much cheaper.