Products that surprised you by being awesome

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Jessi • Jun 5, 2012.

1. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    Honestly the product that surprised me most was a food product bought at the dollar store. Almost any food product I have bought there that sells for $3 or more at a grocery store is as good, or better, than the more expensive food. I am such a cheapskate that I love grocery shopping there first and crossing off as much of my grocery list as possible before hitting the grocery.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The product that recently amazed me is Velveeta Cheesy Skillets, the meal kits with the blacksmith that says "liquid gold!". They are superior to Hamburger Helper in every way, good seasoning, good cheese sauce, better noodles. If you look at their Facebook page, a lot of people agree that they are superior to Hamburger Helper.

And the interactive Flash website with the blacksmith telling you to smite with Liquid Gold and talking about your epic adventures is one of the funniest I've seen.

3. ronnie41647

ronnie41647New Member

Threads:
    Dollar General verson of Pamprin works way better than the name brand. I would use it even if it cost more!

4. beallsam

beallsamNew Member

Threads:
    We started using the generic store brand laundry detergent, back when both my husband and I were unemployed. I thought it would fade our clothes or make us itch, but it's turned out to be just fine! In face, now we even both have jobs, but we are still using the extra- inexpensive store brand laundry detergent.

5. polenksz

polenkszMember

Threads:
    I bought a generic headphones for my laptop, cost me $4. I've used it everyday for the past 18 months and it's still working great. I bought with it a desk that doubles as a fan for the laptop too, still working wonders too. I bought it for $10.

6. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    avon cream eye make up remover. It works so well and it seriously cost effective. And the cream is not harsh on your skin or eyes like some others i've used in the past.

7. Cyclone3616

Cyclone3616Member

Threads:
    I was surprised by the iPhone case I got at five below. It's an otterbox rip off. Otterbox cases are very expensive, but high quality. Well, The case is exactly the same, and I have dropped the case a decent amount of times and from about four feet, and it was fine. It just goes to show that sometimes rip offs are equal to or better than brand names. Otterboxes are 50 dollars, and what did I pay for the rip off? Five bucks. 95 percent off!

8. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    My best surprise is one of those "as seen on tv offers" my husband likes to call junk. He teases me about all the gadgets I like, many that never get used. But one of the few exceptions turned out to be The Miracle Blade Knife Set. You know, the ones Chef Tony used to demonstrate. Well, I got my first set in 2003 and still have some of the knives to that set. I only purchased another set to replace the missing knives. I love, love, love, this set and it is sold on Amazon for about $20.00. I've had single knives that cost more than this and these are just as good or better.

9. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    Honestly, probably Hawaiian Punch. I was under the impression that it was a disgusting poor excuse of a fruit punch but then I look at the ingredients and see pineapple, guava, apricot...surprised me for some reason! :confused: