Projection Screens: Affordable or Laughable?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Ainjell • May 15, 2012.

1. Ainjell

AinjellMember

Threads:
    I've seen more and more people purchase projection screens rather than an analog, plasma or LCD television. It's rumored that projections screens are more energy efficient than LCD or HD televisions. I've also heard some people say they are a space-saver because the screen is flush to the wall while the projector is mounted from the ceiling. It doesn't get in the way when you need to move things around. On the flip-side of that coin I've seen people exclaim that they are extremely difficult to clean at home and that they must be sent out to be cleaned by a professional. There are fans inside of it that run and, over time, dust particles can clog it up which can interfere with the performance. I would also imagine that during a sunny day they would be very difficult to watch with the glare of the sun. It seems you would have to get black curtains or have the screen up in a room with, quite possibly, no windows to prevent glares. I, personally, wouldn't buy a projection screen simply because they aren't as durable as televisions. I mean, how do you get a warranty or insurance coverage on a piece of material similar to that of a bed sheet?? Perhaps that's just me.

::From The Lips Of An Ainjell::

2. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't buy a projection screen for at home, of course. I find that laughable. But for institutions, like universities and whatnot, that's something they can't do without and is always used.

3. MEGATRUCK

MEGATRUCKMember

Threads:
    Only if you have very good lighting for the room and a very clear projection. Otherwise, bigger picture but less quality isn't worth it.

4. ValerieAnne

ValerieAnneMember

Threads:
    I wouldn't buy a projection screen for my home, unless I was rich and had a theater in my home. I've seen some at reasonable prices, they are just something that I don't feel I have a need for.

5. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't buy a projection TV because a regular LCD HDTV is better in my opinion. When the image is that big it distorts the picture. The smaller the image is the clearer it's going to be. That's why I stopped going to the movies, becuase my Blu-ray's look better at home. I found the movie picture to look out dated, and I couldn't see myself buying a projector for my home.