Pros of Camping

Discussion in Travel started by lizzief79 • Sep 9, 2014.

1. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    I recently went camping with my partner and four children. It was a completely new experience for me and one that I wasn't particularly looking forward to. However, I actually had quite a good time. There are some definite pros to camping I discovered. It costs less than a hotel or caravan, you can have several holidays over the year, you can plan something at the last minute, it is a good way for the family to bond and it is a fun experience. What do other people on here think are the pros of camping and what experiences do you have?

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    The most important aspect of camping for me is the distance I put between me and the city. The noise, the speed and the overall craziness of the city really gets to me after a while. Camping far from the city life in the middle of nowhere and leaving all the safety of my house behind grounds me in reality. I re-learn that not all is about money, buying stuff and working like a mad man - I learn again that life can be simple and enjoyable.

3. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    One of most important highlights of our family camping trip was experiencing the basics of life. Children learned to appreciate the beauty of nature without the frills of modern technology. After the camp, the children, as well as the adults developed a deeper understanding of why nature must be protected. Enjoyment need not be expensive. Literally, we can take time to smell the flowers and the fresh air. It's something we don't get to do on a daily basis while in the city.