PSP Games for Girls

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Oct 15, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm planning on getting my niece and nephew PSPs this Christmas because one would get jealous if only the other one got one, but I worry that there are not enough games for girls on the PSP. I should note that I'm talking about the original one in this case and so far from my research, all I've come across that would probably interest my niece would be Little Big. Planet and Loco Roco. Do you guys have any other game suggestions that little girls would appreciate?

2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest, video games aren't exactly targeted for girls, let alone little girls so it's going to be hard to find decent games for girls since most of the games are made with a male target market in mind.

In the case of the PSP, I think there are a lot of them but most of them, at least the ones that I know are Japanese anime style fighting games or RPG's which might no suit the little girls even though they're pretty girlish in a way.

You can try picking up Harvest Moon, I use to play that a lot when I was a kid so I think it would work for them but I think the DS has a much larger library of girly games compared to the PSP.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My suggestion is to find out what cartoons she likes to watch, and then see if there's a PSP game for it. Maybe she's into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and I know there's a PSP game for that, so you can just buy the video game version of the cartoon that she likes.

4. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    That's a really tough question, I've played a lot of PSP games and I can't think of one game aside from the ones you have mentioned that would appeal to girls. I would suggest getting them the original NDS since it's cheap like the PSP is now. The NDS has games like Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, Nintendogs and other similar games that might appeal to girls. It also has Mario Games which are pretty much universally loved.

5. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You have no idea about videogames at all, do you? There was ALWAYS videogames targeted at girls, ever since videogames became opopular in late 80s. Please don't spread misinformation if you have no idea about the subject.

6. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have played video games only in my childhood, of which, I remember very less. I think it is quite fun to play video games but not all the time. Gifting the girls video games does not actually sound like a very good idea. I also believe that gifting girls that they can actually enjoy and remember is very useful.