Public swimming pools

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Gelsemium • Mar 26, 2014.

1. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in an apartment so the pool is free. It seems pretty clean but I just get bored when I'm in there long enough. For some reason it's not as fun as it used to be. However I try to go every year so I can tan.

2. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love how people that have swimming pools where they live find it boring. LOL, it's a big luxury for me to have a swimming pool where I live, I'd love to, especially for my kids, but unfortunately no pool, so we're stuck with the public one. It's better for the kids to learn though.

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    We have one, we had many more about 20 years ago, but they disappeared along with the public paddling pools (remember those?). I don't go to it because I don't have any children and I won't be getting in it as I'm scared of them due to my class mates trying to drown me when I was young. But my sisters take their little girls there and they love it.

4. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Most people do that dean, they take their kids to learn at the local swimming pool and there are no concerns about th water quality because the quality is tested daily and the results of those tests are there for everyone to see them. I'm happy, no issues at all.

5. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    That's true, I've worked at a place with a pool and that thing was tested like crazy, the guy in charge of it would do the water quality tests maybe 4 times a day and at the end of the day he would carefully measure the amounts of chlorine and other things to pour in. There are usually no concerns over the quality as long as it's a good place with quality staff.

6. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yep, that's my reality too Strikstar, I think that we the current legislation and it's enforcement doesn't give much margins to the pools to operate outside the law, I think it's simply no possible or else they are shut down. It's a matter of public health really.

7. DDavies

DDaviesActive Member

Threads:
    We have a public pool but I have never gone to it. I believe they have both seasonal and daily passes you can purchase. We're close enough to the coast that most people just opt to go to the beach. I do have some neighbors with pools, so that's an option for a quick swim.

8. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I love that, the neighbors with pools, I wish I had some too! :D Swimming in the ocean is not the same as in the pool though, where I love the sea has currents and it's windy so it's not ideal for swimming, especially for kids who are learning. It's not an alternative really.

9. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We also have an Olympic size public swimming pool which is just 10 minute walk away. I always go there every night to swim for fitness. I am very thankful that's is so close. And not only that it's not crowded and very clean, very well-maintained. I agree that public service is done really way on this area.

10. Gelsemium

Threads:
    When I started to swim, I could not even swim 25 meters at once, so swimming 50 would really kill me lol. Even though, it has to be great to have a Olympic swimming pool right at your door, almost makes you want to feel more athletic eh? :)