Pull ups/chin ups at the park or at home?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by limitless1585 • Jun 25, 2014.

1. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    Where do you prefer to do pull ups or chin ups, at home or at the park? I do my chin ups and pull ups at home, on my p90x chin up bar. I am very satisfied of my chin up bar, it doesn't take a lot of time to put it on your door, and it doesn't take much room. You can take it off and put it back on your door.

#1Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  2. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to do my chin up and pull ups at home also. I like that it more convenient and I can take my time and pace. I like that I can do this at home and like you mentioned it doesn't take long to remove and place back up. Then after im done I can continue at home to do things around the house etc.

3. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    Pull-ups are the best workout a man can do.

When you do a pull-up, your chest, back, biceps, abs, etc - are activated. It's the closest thing to a total upper-body workout you will find. It turns boys into men.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I can not do chin ups. I wish I could. They are really hard! I have tried to do the P90X work out and end up using the plastic bands instead of the chin ups which is not as good for you but atleast it offers some resistance.

5. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    The parks in London have started putting in fitness equipment such as the ones in the picture below, I don't know how much this costs to install, but I think it is a great idea and I always see people walking through parks who spot these things and then stop for a quick impromptu workout. Personally I'm too fat to do chin-ups so I don't do them in private or in public. :)

rosemary-gardens-islington-n1-3jp633.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd like to show off that I'm rather fit by doing 100 push ups in a park. Counting as I go but there's no park in the backwoods town where I live so like it or not, I have to do my pull ups and push ups at home with no audience to gasp in awe :(

7. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    I wasn't able to do chin ups myself. Put a chair under the chin bar, get on the chair, grab the chin up bar and slowly lower your body from the chin up bar. Everyday try to do one chin up, if you can lift yourself even a little it's still progress. It takes about a month to get strong enough to do at least 5 chin ups in one set. Don't get discouraged and don't give up.

8. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    I uses to do chin ups and pull ups at the park down the road from my house, but now that I have pur based my own bar, it is so much easier and more convenient to do them at home. Going to the park nowadays is a pleasant change of scenery and the presence of other people working out motivates me and I believe I push myself a bit harder there.