Puppy Food: Which is the best?

Discussion in Pets started by allswl • Oct 16, 2014.

1. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    I have not really been the primary caregiver for my previous pets but now I am on my own I just got some shih tzu 10 week old puppies. What types of puppy foods do you guys suggest I give them? I use the Pedigree pouches at the moment but I would like to offer them a variety. Please only health options.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can try Woof Chunks for puppies. It's relatively cheaper and most of our dogs prefer it. Woof Chunks kibbles come in a variety of fun shapes and your puppies won't have trouble swallowing them. I highly recommend this brand. Pedigree's great but I think that brand's better suited to large dogs like German Shephers and Dobermans.

3. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    I personally like Chicken Soup for the Puppy Soul. If you go to

you will find reviews of almost every dog food out there. Never heard of Woof Chunks but Pedigree is pretty crappy food to be honest. Pedigree canned gets 1.5 out of 5 stars on dog food advisor. It contains chicken by products and meat by products - meat by product is particularly bad. At least look for something with chicken meal, no by products, and no corn. Diamond is really pretty good. OK it looks like Woof Chunks may not be a US brand, is that right?