Purchase Location

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by TheKnight • Jan 6, 2017.

1. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I've always liked to shop in major stores such as Walmart or Target because they tend to have cheaper electronics and homeware. I have realized, though that it's a different story with clothing. I find that clothing is much more expensive in those locations than they are in smaller stores. Many times, I have found the same shirts cost 15.00 dollars at a major store and only 5.00 dollars in a smaller store. Why do you think that is? You can save a lot of money if you just search for a smaller clothing store, at least in my area.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy shirts and Tee Shirts from branded stores as the quality is better compared to smaller stores and same goes when I buy cloth for my trousers (I always get them tailor made) from stores like Raymond, Binny, and all the big brands popular in our country. As far jeans are concerned I wear them on casual outing and I prefer them from good brand stores with facility of alteration within half an hour.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Stores have their specialty when it comes to products. Given 2 supermarkets, one may have cheap fruits and vegetables but the other may have cheaper meat of all kinds. My cousin who is an executive of one big supermarket chain said that the kind of product in relation to quality and cost depends on the merchandising head. The supplier they have in contract dictates the cost and quality of the supplied product. And for consumers like us, we just have to be aware of the cheap products of a particular store.

4. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Here I think there is not much of a price difference in clothes whether it is offline or online. If you want good quality branded products you need to spend more. Most of the times cheap cloths starts losing its color in the first wash itself. Moreover, we can get electronic gadgets at very good discount in online stores like Amazon.

I usually look for offers before purchasing anything online. Nowadays there are a lot of offers in online stores as competition is becoming stiffer. There is also a news that well known stores like Amazon suffered huge losses on account of big discounts to customers.

5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Over here, I noticed that the appliances being sold in the supermarket are priced cheaper than the ones in the appliance store. I guess they place the cheaper ones in the supermarket, because it caters more to the masses, and the more expensive brands go to the appliance store. The brands of appliances in the supermarket are the local or lesser known ones. The same goes for clothes and socks. The unknown and cheaper brands get dumped at the supermarket as well. I think they also consider the target market of the place when selling their product.

6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Its true that smaller shops have lower costs of the same piece of clothes. Like just 2 days back I got the original Raymond shirt at 1/3rd of the original cost at a small corner shop.

I look at both the quality and price when it comes to clothing.

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's an exchange of prices in different products. In one store the clothing might me cheaper but the footware is more expensive and in other stores they switch them around. Another reason could be the difference in quality smaller stores usually have clothing with cheaper cloth but sometimes they carry great quality in great prices. I guess it varies sometimes and more popular stores tend to sell more expensive bacause people buy them anyway thinking that high priced items are good quality.

8. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    Large stores in my region charge too much on items like clothing claiming that they have alot of bills to pay. This is true since some of them have rented a space in a mall and they sell like gold. The best thing is to increase your circle of places to buy according to their prices.

9. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    We have large stores and small stores in our place and prices of items varies from it's location. Large stores outside malls can sell items cheaper than small stores or outlets inside the mall. While there are small stores outside that sells expensive items as well. That's why whenever I would like to buy an item, I always do canvas first before buying one so I can compare prices and see which has the most cheapest price :)

10. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Big retailers have a clever marketing strategy, the put some products with really low prices, they advertise for them, but the rest of the prices are high, so they make up for the discounts on those other products. At the end of the day, it's just a matter of paying attention to everything we are buying...

11. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    In big stores like Walmart they only sell branded goods and which is why the price is higher compared to the smaller stores where they will be quality but for the lesser price. You can't expect high quality from these stores. I usually buy branded goods as it will come for a longer run and saves money from buying frequently. :)

12. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I am trying these days

online. it is really a good experience for me. i will also suggest you too.