Purchase movies/dvd/blu rays online?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Miaka_M • Dec 1, 2013.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    During the past few days I've been purchasing some Christmas presents online. Some movies came down at least 75% of their retail value and I jumped ahead and took advantage of this. I received the packages yesterday and they seem to be in good working condition (I bought myself a few as well). Do you trust purchasing dvds and blu rays online?

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I prefer to just get digital downloads or streaming whenever I pay for media online so I could get them instantly rather than having to wait a few days for the physical copies to arrive. I've never been much of a collector anyway, so I don't mind not having a physical library. I've purchased a few Blu-ray games online, though and it sure beats having to drive to the store like before.

3. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I don't normally purchase Blurays or DVDs online unless the movies aren't available at the store. I usually go to the store to purchase my Blurays or DVDs because I like to browse movies, which I sometimes find better deal when I actually at the store. However, I do purchased used Blurays or DVDs online if they are on sale or something.

4. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I usually go to the store to buy my movies. I will shop online for them when I can't find them at my favorite store. There are lots of places to find hard to find movies online and that is where I go. I like Amazon the best because I can usually find what I want there. I have thought about doing all my movie shopping online just to make it easier, but I can get a lot of good deals at my local stores for movies so I go there first.

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have brought so many dvds online I lost count I probably brought over a dozen dvds only two places I get them are amazon and ebay. Mainly ebay cause they offer free shipping.

6. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I have virtually no need to own DVD's. I find that, like library books, the ones I want to re-watch are always available when I want them again, for free or for cheap. I don't get the craze to collect DVD's. I just don't. To me, they are space taker-uppers. And to be honest, I rarely re-watch a movie.

We have a Grandma induced Disney DVD collection going on right now, and yes, my kids have watched all of them at least 10 times, but they still annoy me. An entire cabinet devoted to those things. I guess the silver lining is that they'll make a great re-gift when my kids outgrow them.

7. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I'm one of those DVD collectors I guess; if I like a movie, then I tend to buy it. My DVD collection has over 100+ titles and I tend to re-watch them with my family and my brother. Whenever my cousins come over we usually pick out one, grab some popcorn, and watch. Having them for your kids is definitely something that I have thought about. When I decide to have children, I'm sure they'll love the fact that I own a majority of the disney movies, plus I'll enjoy it with them. :)

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always buy second-hand DVDs online these days. Of course I'm always concerned about the quality of the DVD I'll get but once I get, watch and ascertain it's good then I do more business with that seller in future. It's that simple. If you buy from people with a good track record then chances are it's OK to get your stuff from those people.