Purchases You Regret

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Mar 14, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Last year I bought a hard drive only to find out that I could only use it either for a Mac or Windows instead of both. I decided to use it for my Mac but now that it broke the external hard drive is basically just paperweight because I don't want to reformat it And lose my files. I suppose I could borrow a laptop from a friend and transfer but it's just too much work for something that I don't think should really be a problem these days, so now I kind of regret buying it but it's okay since I never stored files there that I would need daily. I could just buy a Mac and use it again in the future.

Do you have any purchases you regret? How long did it take for you to realize it?

2. philipgust

philipgustMember

Threads:
    Well that sucks dude!

3. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Speaking of hard drives... mine broke some time ago EXACTLY a day after the warranty ran out. I definitely regret that purchase.

4. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I was in the market for a new laptop. I already had my work laptop, a 11.6" screen Acer with Windows 7 that I love because of how light and small it is. But I wanted another one for a backup and to play some modern games on. So I ended up buying a newer Acer with Windows 8. Unfortunately a lot of my favorites games I bought on Steam don't work well with Windows 8... so if I could have done it again, I would have just bought one with Windows 7. This was last year, and now it is almost impossible to find a new laptop with Windows 7.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought a smartphone that is supposedly brand new from Ebay, but after 8 months it turned off by itself and won't turn on again. I suspect that it's refurbished. The seller asked me to ship it back to them because I am entitled to a warranty, but I did not decide to do so, so I'm stuck with a brick phone. I was told by the technicians that the motherboard is broken, so repairing it is almost impossible.

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I really regret buying clothes I don't really use much or I haven't really used at all. I should have been more practical. Anyway, I'm actually thinking of selling these pre-loved items of mine online just to make a bit of a profit out of them.

7. philipgust

philipgustMember

Threads:
    I bought this really crappy tablet once, that sucked...

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought a cat collar that's around $2 and it only had a life span of less than 6 months. My parents bought the younger cats with collars that only cost a dollar but it's still as sturdy and new-looking as if they were bought yesterday. That was one purchase I regretted. I should have exhausted all means before jumping the gun.

9. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Why did you decide not to send it back? based on the description it seems like other moves would be a waste of money.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I consulted 2 psychics if it's worth to ship it back to China and both said they will refuse to fix it and will say that the phone has been supposedly tampered, even if the technicians here never opened it, so I followed their advice. It makes sense, considering the logic or motherboard was broken, so they probably would be at a loss if they were to replace that since it is the main component of the phone and it's not a cheap part. Motherboards being sold separately are hard to find in the first place. So I now know better to not buy expensive gadgets there. If the phone model is phased out already and you see it being sold there with lots of stocks, then for sure they are refurbished in a new shell or maybe a complete China copy but with new parts.