Purchasing Gift From Online

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by naruto100 • Jul 22, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    These days I have seen that people used to buy stuff like gift from online. Do you think it can save money? I have never tried it as I used to go to store for purchasing.

I used to buy electronics items online which covers warranty, so it is kind of safe deal. But I don't think there should be any warranty in purchasing kind of gifts. I know it is depend on type of gift, but I am talking about general gifts which we used to give on birthdays and all.

I have also seen now people just used to give receivers address and send the gifts directly to the person via online portals. I wonder how it works? Any one having experience about the same?

2. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have never sent a gift directly to the person that I purchased it for when I bought them online. I have bought gifts online especially gifts for my children at Christmas time. I like not having to go from store to store looking for something to give someone as a gift. I can just search online usually at Amazon and find exactly what I want. I just find it more convenient for me to order it online. I try to never pay shipping so it doesn't cost me extra. I think buying online can save you money if you find the right deals.

3. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes if we look couple of sites we can find out good deal. Even I have never experience so far by sending gift directly to any person from the online site. But my sister has receive such gift via online portal from her friend. Lol, that's really unique way. But good idea too if person can't reach to the birthday person for giving gift.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have bought gifts from catalogs who is now online, so I figure it's the same thing just ordering it a different way. The company has delicious gift packages, I bought one for myself, & I've been hooked on summer sausages ever since, lol. I go looking for summer sausages now at supermarkets, but I need just a small 4-6 oz. size only for only I like summer sausages in my family. Fiji's catalog has gone online. Love their products!

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I wonder if there is such site specially for gifts for here. But people used to purchase gifts from normal online shopping site. Some site also provides option for gift packing. So here people use such sites to deliver gift if they can't reach to birthday parties. Good way for sure.

6. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I did receive a gift from a friend I made online. She sent a beautiful piece of jewellery on my birthday, it was sent directly by the online retailer and was gift packed nicely. Most sites will now let you to choose address different to your billing address and will also offer the option of gift packing the product. With reputed retailers like Amazon, Ebay and Flipkart in India, you will have no problem with the gift turning out to be of undesirable quality.

7. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I would not like to receive an online gift and I won't give one. There is something impersonal about online gifts. Gifts should have a personal touch and should be given with a lot of thought. But I guess it depends on the kind of relationship you have with the recipient.

8. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I have never sent gifts via online to any one before but I have seen some of my friends doing this. When asked they said they are using the technology and it saves the hassle of going out to a store, select it, and buy it. But I feel by sending the gifts directly to the person via online will not have that much personal touch. I always prefer gifts to be given in person and make it special.

9. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes even my sister received gift from Amazon only. And yes it was gift packing. I never knew that we can have that option too, I mean gift packing kind of. But good to hear that all sites are offering this thing. This is good way to send or receive gift if someone is not attending the person personally.

10. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with this. But just think that your loving one is very far away from you and somehow you don't able to reach there on their special day kind of birthday. So on this situation we can at least send them some gift and show our personal feeling to them. Whatever we are searching on market we can do the same on online site.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :)Here too, for sometimes life gets so busy, that you just want to click on, find something and pay & send it. I like it, for at least you took the time to remember and send something. They love it especially when it's food stuff. Most everyone loves beef so, unless they're vegan or vegetarian, why not indulge people you like? Happy savings and shopping!

12. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do buy online and it saves on postage if you can get the order sent there directly and gift wrapped. Companies such as Origins offer free gift wrap, postage and samples with all orders and so is an ideal way to send a gift. These days they make it easier for people as an incentive and it works, especially for Christmas.

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You can do that easily by changing/adding mailing address in your profile and when they ask which mailing address you want for this particular item you can chose the address you want. You find the gift wrap option on the same page at an extra cost. In fact it saves you time as well packing and repacking of gifts besides the courier charges.

14. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I agree. I never noticed or may be it is new feature. I don't know. Is this option available on almost all sites?

Yes it is really good feature and can save our time for gifting the product. I haven't received any gift like that so far so I don't know the quality of the gift packing. But I guess it should be good.

15. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Ha ha.. At least people who are not having time to reach to party or they are far away can share the gift to their loving one with this. So yes even I like the idea about it. Personally I haven't received any gift like this or I didn't send too so far. But I would love to experience it soon enough. Same to you.

16. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 it's not a new feature but as you admit that you were not using online shopping sites much in the past you might have missed it. It was always there and I have taken advantage of this feature almost every time even if I have to gift to my local relatives or in far off places. It saves you money by saving you repacking and paying for courier/postage or saving you carrying it to your friends' home. After all a direct gift is a joy in itself.

17. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks, yes I wasn't using shopping site in the past at all. So I might missed that option. But yes it is really good option. It is kind of saving time and saving money for repacking and courier. So what is about packing quality, is it same as we do offline at some shop in the market? You have experience about it, so you can give more information about that too.

18. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds like a great place to shop. I take advantage of things like this whenever I can.

I order from Amazon Prime and ship directly to the recipient when possible. The convenience is fantastic, and it also saves a lot of money. They don't offer free gift wrap, but it is available and not too expensive. They will also add a small card with gifts, free of charge.

I love shopping online for gifts. I'm doing it more and more.

19. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 the packing quality is not different from what you get when you order online the only difference is that they ship it to the address that you provide them. But if you opt for a gift pack they offer you a different packing at a cost of your choice. Then they pack it normal packing safe for shipping. But when the consignee opens the pack he gets a different packing inside.

20. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    That's informative. Thanks. Yes even I have seen extra cost for gift packing. So you mean to say that out package is same as normal and inside they parcel it using gift packing ? This is good as it will damage the gift packing. I am glad this kind of feature is available. I am going to use it very soon. One occasion is already nearing. Lol