Purchasing More Than One Of The Same Garment?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Rosyrain • Feb 26, 2015.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do this a lot with dress pants and dress shorts - I only wear Docker's brand for both, and I will buy up multiple of the same style and the same colors since they only come in like 4 colors to begin with. But it's inevitable that I will have a pen leak, or spill some wine or get a cigarette burn in one of them, so I like to have backups ready when I need to toss out a pair for whatever reason. Also, depending on where I am travelling I will carry multiple of the same style and color in case of an accident - so as not to draw too much attention to the fact that I had to change. I've been meaning to bring them to work with me too, again in case of an accident, you never know.

One time I was at work and went to pull a loose string out of the shoulder of my shirt, and accidentally took my whole sleeve off, lol. Thankfully I lived a couple miles from work, so I snuck out and went home and changed. I taped the sleeve back to the shirt, and just prayed I could make it to the parking lot without it falling off and anyone noticing.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will do that only if I can justify it by wearing it a lot (for example, a white undershirt) or if I'm getting different colors of something. I have for example several of the same tank tops that I wear almost everyday under other shirts and I have them in several different colors.

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely! I usually do that with work shoes though. I have found a good pair of inexpensive shoes I really like, so when I need new ones, I usually order 2 pair, because that way I get free shipping, and have a backup in case a pair should get damaged. For work, I always have a backup pair of shoes ready to go. I've never actually ruined a pair of shoes, other than just wearing them out, but you never know.

4. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    Yup I do this quite often. It is so hard for me to find something I like that fits right. When I do find something I like I might buy three sets in different colors. I find as I am getting older I am getting more brand loyal in clothing manufacturers. I don't mind spending more for quality if the clothes can hold up. That is not always the case though.

I will also buy tee's in a few different colors just because I seem to wear through these pretty fast. I like to layer tee's and blouses so they get stained with time, shrink up a bit, things like that. I don't mind getting these cheaper or on sale. I find it easier to pair these with things I already have giving a more updated look to my wardrobe.