Purchasing Power Bank- Is It Worthy?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by naruto100 • Feb 26, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Well even I don't used to watch videos and music on my phone during travelling. But I use my phone for internet and also sometime for GPS when we are on unknown place. That can discharge my phone in no time. So at that time powerbank can be really handy. Actually even I was thinking the same as you that I don't need any. But after purchasing it I thinks that it is surely worthy to keep even if we thinks we don't need it. lol

#21Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2017
  2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 I am using different phones right from when they were available to us back in 1098-99 and at no stage I thought for a moment that they were useless for me. I always had at least 2 phones with different SIM cards and now I have 3 while back in India but here I have just one. When I am in India I use all of them maybe that is one reason I do not need a power bank because the load is distributed equally. However, I did not use my JIO phone for watching movies even when 25 GB data was available to me per day as a tester of JIO SIM.

#22Apr 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2017
  3. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 You mean 1998-99. If yes then how you are using jio sims (i mean 4g) in such old phones. Or I am misunderstanding the things. Yes more phones can distributes load for sure so that you can save battery in each of them. Though it is hard to carry all of them with us all the time.

#23Apr 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2017
  4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I just got a power bank for less than $10 what gladdens me the more was when the seller told me the power bank has the capacity to charge my phone over five times. I didn't think the power bank will be that powerful. Now with this piece of instrument I'm sure going to have my battery full no matter how much I use my phone for the day. It's very worth it to have a powerful bank especially for persons living in places were electricity fluctuates

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 Yes, you are certainly missing the point because back in 1998-99 the phones were too heavy and were too old fashioned. I still remember the Alcatel and Nokia sets which I bought for almost $200 each are available for $20 today and the ones I am using now are both again more than $200+. By the way no one knew about 3g Or 4G during that time.

#25Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2017
  6. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Ha ha.. Yes I remember those phones and actually I am having one Nokia handset too which I bought in 12000Rs and now I am not getting even 500RS of it. Even it is having 3g option . Lol. Yes the time has totally changed. Now we can have lot more features and good phone in that much price. I wonder how you are still using them.

#26Apr 8, 2017
  7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 I am not using any of them and do not have them either as those will look too odd if I used them now. I have one MI Note 4 and another one is Samsung Galaxy S5. I am again planning to sell Samsung and buy a newer version by the end of this month. In fact, I have enough funds in one of my local Indian eCommerce site and if I happen to visit India I will certainly use that fund.

#27Apr 8, 2017
  8. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 That's just great. Yes s5 is now having old features. New MI phone will be good option if you want more specs in limited budget. Even I am using Redmi note 3 phone which is working well in all sections. You might consider its upgraded version.

I wonder how you manage to get that much amount in eCommerce site? By surveys?

#28Apr 8, 2017
  9. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 Yes by surveys mostly as I am opting for Amazon and Flipkart vouchers and as you know I cannot spend them right now due to my location I hope I will be having more than INR 30K and spend it when I go back next year to my country for a short time (2-3 months). Here also I have couple of sites which pay AU$2-3 each survey within 5-10 minutes (2-3 surveys everyday)and never screen you out. I am getting a wide range of vouchers and using them fully with local offline and online stores like Kmart, Coles and many others.

#29Apr 9, 2017
  10. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Super. You are doing awesome. With 30K you can select any mobile you want, even premium one. Good to hear that now you are having more earning opportunities there. Yes having such vouchers always help to save money in purchasing. Though I am rarely earning such vouchers.

#30Apr 9, 2017
  11. christiana

christianaNew Member

Threads:
    If you buy from a trusted brand it will be worthy for you. Powerbank can help you, when you will travel for a long.

12. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Several days ago I have said that I was very sorry to having no power bank. It's timely that due to my negligence or carelessness I accidentally dropped my cellphone from my short right pocket unnoticed. Well, of course, I was compelled to buy a new one. It is but a coincidence that a power bank is being offered so I got one.

Today I have been to outing to a local summer resort where there is no available power to get for my cp's battery. Therefore, I used the power bank to charge my cp and for 5 years I didn't worry for a weak battery of my mobile phone.

It is very handy indeed and it's fast charging. My power bank is Euroo.

13. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Nakitakona@Nakitakona 5 years or 5 hours!?

Yup, it is handy indeed in many cases and specially during travelling. I got the one recently too but I hand it over to my sister. So now I am suppose to buy new one. It was really good experience with power bank that now I guess it is kind of really important thing for me. Yes these days people's usage has been increased for smart phones so power bank is an important tool to keep it.

#33Apr 10, 2017