Purchasing Tv From Online Sites

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by naruto100 • Feb 9, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Hello everyone, I am doing online purchasing since long. So far I have purchased small electronics items like phones, accessories and others using it. Now I am thinking about purchasing LED TV form such store. I have found TV with good deal in compare to offline market pricing. But I have never seen anyone here purchasing such big thing from online store. So is it good? I mean purchasing TV from online store, how good it is? Or how bad it can be? Share your experience.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never purchased a television online but purchased a microwave oven that was on special. I don't have a car so it's difficult to buy somethings for delivery costs so much. I look for free delivery all the time everywhere. The microwave came through usps. I was so delighted when it arrived asking the postal worker just to put it down right by my front door. Unfortunately, it was a defective one, so I had to return it. I bought it at walmart.com, free shipping was fantastic on top of the great bargain for the microwave oven too. I brought it back to walmart locally and they asked why I was returning it and took it back so I got my full refund. Televisions come from from different locations so it has to be shipped too, so I don't see any reason why not get a tv, online and having it delivered to you to your front door, just that you've got to be home when it arrives, making sure about return policies and if it's a free shipping deal-better yet. I had a computer delivered to me that was a CRT type of computer that I got free for taking a course came in working condition. To save money see if you can get free shipping with your purchase.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    It is too risky to get a TV from online store. Why risky? It is likely to be damaged while it is in transit. The handling couldn't be guaranteed how safe it is. One thing more, I don't think the cost for the freight wouldn't be included in the cost. I am used to order items in my favorite online store and just like you I order electronic accessories which are handy and small to ship. Personally, I would rather buy the TV in our local mall than ordering it online.

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This might be one where it is just better to see it up front and see what you are getting and going to be looking at for the near future. It might save you some money in the long run and some time too.

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe Yes it is important to checkout return policies of any product before purchasing it through online. So in case if we get the damage piece then we can returned it and get refund. In your case you were lucky that you got the refund back. But yes I don't think it is that risky. I will try it in future.

@Nakitakona@Nakitakona That's what I thought too. But price difference is good one between offline market and online market. about freight, it is included for sure. I have no experience so far that's why I am worrying too before ordering. Though I have checked return policies too and they seems fair. Let's see.

@larryl332@larryl332 That's true. But if we think like that, then I was thinking same for mobile phones too. But after my experience I can say that online phones are quite reliable and less costly too. I can't say same about television as I have never experienced of such big equipment. But I want to try it, so I ask about other users experience. Thanks for sharing your thought.

#5Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2017
  6. Krissttina Isobe

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 :)Best Buy and Walmart is pretty good about purchases, delivery and returns too. Aside of their sales to save money on electronics they got a good policy about returns on electronics. The return policy is short most every store, like 2 weeks or 15 days only for returns, so be careful when you buy electronics about return policy. (every store is different for their returns) Aside of saving money buying on sales be sure to check out the dept. to see actually the praticular model you'd like to buy so you know exactly what your purchase will be looking like. Good luck!

#6Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2017
  7. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly I am quite confused in this return policy. The site I checked, they says 10 days return policy from delivered date. Is it possible that we can return such big item in such short period. I mean we have to depend on courier company. If they get it delayed then what can do us?

#7Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2017
  8. Krissttina Isobe

Threads:
    :oops:Best to ask the particular store or site you're buying from. Most everyone has a customer service that you can ask all the questions you have before you buy.Don't be afraid of asking all the questions you have about a purchase then when you buy you'll be prepared for everything. Most of the times you buy everything is perfect. In my Senior Citizen life I've had only one return of an electronic product. You know what, the manufacturer has a customer service to work with too, so the return went smoother when I told Walmart I spoke with the manufacturer about it and the manufacturer said to return it to place of purchase. Saving money to buy on sale is terrific, knowing what to expect is best for peace of mind. Happy savings on sales of electronics.

#8Feb 11, 2017
  9. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    That's the perfect advice. Yes better to talk with the site support directly than assuming anything by our self. I will do the exact thing what you mentioned. Yes I have experience of returning process, but not with the television. But I guess all works similarly. I will clear my all doubts with customer care directly. Thanks for sharing your experience.

#9Feb 12, 2017
  10. Krissttina Isobe

Threads:
    :) @naruto100@naruto100 You're very welcome! We all like the ease and simplicity of buying online whatever it is. When you save money buying online is the best thing as we all know. Once I had an experience with buying my Insignia digital tv on sale, and they had deliveries out my way and I got free shipping on top of a sale item. My Insignia tiny as it is, the smallest digital tv on sale, works fine. One more thing I got from a tech at Insignia, is turn off the TV from the source of electricity to save your tv from wear. When you urn of your digital TV with your control it's still on, so to save money from using soft electricity & from buying a new TV too early, turn off your electricity to the digital TV completely. I bought a circuit breaker type of switch where you can turn off the electricity with a switch and turn off the electricity completely, thus saving money and keeping my digital TV from dying on me too early. You're welcome in advance. Enjoy your buys online to save money. Another way to save money online is to use

for you get money for using the site while buying your stuff online. Happy shopping and saving money!

#10Feb 12, 2017
  11. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't buy a TV online for various reasons. I just don't want something that big and valuable to be travelling directly from the store to my house especially if it's from overseas. I have however bought a TV on a trip abroad then shipped it from the airport to my home.

12. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe That's good piece of advice, and thanks for it. Yes that is why I used to switch off the switch from the switch board where TV cable is plugged, so that I can off the power completely. I have heard that sudden electricity can damage the new TV too. So better stay caution.

@Belovedad@Belovedad Well, if it is coming from overseas then even I would think twice before ordering one. But here I found many seller who are within my state. Still transportation of TV can be risky, but with better return policy I guess we can be safe.

#12Feb 13, 2017
  13. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 why take unnecessary hassle for just few bucks? If we are talking about a huge difference then I would go ahead and brave on it. I personally never liked to buy big stuffs from online simply because I am too poor and discouraged to go through the return policy. I did buy 16k stuff though and it came with a defective part, but since I really didn't need to use that particular part, I just let it be.

If you are okay with these stuffs then go ahead and take the plunge.

14. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Decentlady@Decentlady Well, difference of price is really good. I was getting good deal at online site so I did it. And I received the product too. And honestly it is really good. No fault right now and as it is having warranty too like normal product so I don't think I will face any problem in future too. I almost got the deal with 5 to 6k difference in compare to normal market. So I guess it is good.

#14Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2017
  15. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is not to put down online stores but I would never buy an electronic item from online stores. First issue is the warranty and second is the defective product that is delivered. When you buy in the appliance store, the unit is usually tested to your convenience so it is like being assured of the condition of the tv. But in an online store, there is the risk of damage during delivery. So what happens when the tv has a defect upon delivery? You will take time to send it back and wait for the turnaround of at least a week to have it replaced. I don’t mind if the tv is more expensive in the appliance store, at least I have peace of mind.

16. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy I was thinking the same things. But I already purchased via online and so far I am really impressed. Yes I got it in really good deal. And condition is brand new without any defect. About warranty it is like normal TVs and I can get it repair in company store like we do with normal TV purchasing.
    The only problem is we may get defective piece and we need more time to exchange it (though we can easily do that too). And it will bit time consuming. So if someone wants thing on instant then online shopping is not the option. About buying electronic items I guess now I have purchased many things and all of them are perfectly well just like physical stores.

#16Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2017
  17. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    Personally I would never buy a TV online. Buying small electronics items are fine but buying a TV which is big and would cost you more is not advisable. Other than that, you don't know in what condition will it come. How was it handled? If anything is broken? All these factors makes it risky to buy bigger electronic items online.

18. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @anupamas2@anupamas2 I will love to tell my experience. About pricing I have got the TV from online in very good and less price in compare to offline store. TV was pretty good in condition. If anything is broken then we can always replace it as warranty will be normal just like offline market. So I don't think it is that different. If you are getting it in really good price then I think it is worthy to try.

#18Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2017
  19. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Well good for you that your exxperience was a good one in buying a tv. I think that as long as you can exchange the item in the physical store of the online store that you are buying it from when there's a problem then I think that everything will go smoothly. As for me, I prefer buying in physical stores for large appliances like tv's, I prefer for the item to be tested right before I buy it.

20. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Even I was used to of it before than this. Then I thought I am already buying costly phones (even costlier than TV) from online then why not to try with TV. I did and yes it was perfect purchase for me. I got really good discount and got the TV in quite good price in compare to physical store. And as product is having normal grantee (which we will get from physical store), I can clear my problems any time from its brand store.

#20Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017