Pyramid schemes

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by Gelsemium • May 14, 2014.

1. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I already told you what Alexa is. You can easily Google it and easily learn for yourself.
    But again, it's a company that ranks the biggest websites out there according to their traffic, and also provides a number of different traffic statistics.
    It's has nothing to do with MLM.

The "MLM script" is just how people who are involved in MLM communicate. They all learn the same phrases, and they all say the same things.
    It's their script for recruting. That's why I say it's kind of culty.

When I left, we weren't doing that well. Now their booming.
    I still think the whole thing is going to collapse real soon. Let's wait and see.

You can't judge all MLM company's the same way. Some are more obviously not sustainable.
    And I'd think that the best way not to get scammed is to get informed.

2. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's not really a bad idea, I mean sure it's horrible when you lost but it's pretty much a solid deal IF you know how to handle it. But as for me, I'm not one to waddle my feet on a pool of sharks if you know what I mean.

Also I think PTC sites are some sort of a pyramid scheme, you know when you rent referrals and earn sign ups. Sounds like a good idea but it's not to be mess around unless your ready to lose something.

3. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The most old pyramid scheme I can recall is Herbalife, it's not exactly a scam I am assuming, but it's just too aggressive for me. I mean, we have to invest initially to buy the product (I hate this model) and than we need to sell it to everyone we know or else we get stuck with it, this while paying commissions to the ones that sold us the product...

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've received many similar offers throughout my life, and probably even more so when internet wasn't so popular yet. Nowadays I think. Most people have smartened up against it due to open communication and free resource for research, and also most pyramid schemes are done online nowadays already and thus have no more need for physical selling. I participated in some similar programs a few years ago but they were just HYIP programs that didn't really necessitate getting referrals which I really hated.

5. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I think it's a matter of character, I would never invest a considerable amount of money (that most likely I would not have to spare) to buy products I don't know to have to sell them to friends and relatives. What if they don't like it, I would get myself in trouble and this is not the lifestyle I like for myself, I prefer working to get paid and that's it.

6. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    Pyramid Scheme is different from Multi-Level Marketing. In my personal opinion, Pyramid Scheme is bad because if you subscribe to it, it will force you put in some money and ask you to recruit two or more people to connect down to your own network and ask you to encourage them to do the same. This scheme will only bring money to those who started it and assuming the scheme becomes successful and the group was able to convince unsuspecting members, the pyramid will grow big and extend to a point that the market is fully saturated with members... then it will collapse.

MLM on the other hand will ask you to invest some amount of money for membership but with an equivalent amount of products that you could sell. If you are good in marketing and you have a big network of friends, you can do well. This encourages people to work hard and learn how to do business. I've known so many people who started their business career through MLM and they are successful even up to now.

7. Gelsemium

Threads:
    That's exactly what happened to me, my friend told me that his brother-in-law was making a lot of money (?) and he invested his own money. I was hearing him and considering, but at the same time I didn't do it. I am so glad now, just some days later the company bankrupted and everyone lost their money.