Qualities Of À Good Knee Brace

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Andrea Phillips • Mar 15, 2015.

1. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I used a knee brace and it made my knee Swell up. I need something to steady my knee when I run. The brace appeared to be well structured, not too tight. So, Can anyone tell me how to choose a knee brace that will help and not hurt?

2. sazzydan

sazzydanMember

Threads:
    This depends of personnel circumstances and if there is a problem with the knee. I have suffered with a problem with my knee for years and am still under investigation for my problem, but my knee is very weak and tends to give way a lot! My doctor has given me a brace that goes from my ankle all the way up to near the top of my thigh, to help support it and stop it giving way.

If it is running you are wanting it for, you are going to need to choose a loose fitting brace really. You do not want a brace that is going to restrict the knee, which may be why it made your knee swell. I would suggest a tubigrip. It is simply tubular support that you pull over the knee to give it additional support, I wear one under my big brace sometimes just for added protection. The only downside is it can make your knee sweat when it gets too hot.

3. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    OK sassydan, this helps to know it may have been too tight. I thought it had to be tight to give support, but what you have said makes sense. That is really something how your brace has to be so long. You are a real trooper.