Question about eBay

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by addicted_buyer • May 5, 2012.

1. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    So I have a question about eBay I hope you guys can answer. How can you search for sellers by country? Let's say I'm looking for Taiwanese sellers. How can I find products that are only being sold by Taiwanese sellers?

Thanks in advance!

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    A couple different ways....

If it's your own country you're looking for, then scroll down the lefthand side or where ever your "search options" are that let you pick sizes and whatnot. In the US, for example, mine gives me options under "more" to choose "US only," "North America only," or "Worldwide."

If you're looking specifically for Taiwan or another country, make sure you go to their country site. For exampkle:

is Taiwan's country site and you could further limit the search settings there so you don't see other countries' stuff.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I never knew you could do that on eBay. Thanks Jessi!
    I had some one asking me about Amazon and how to tell if a seller ships internationally. If you click on the seller name, thier shipping policy is usually in the lower left hand area. I don't know if that would work on eBay or not. It has been a long time since I have been on eBay.

4. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Thanks Jessi :) I thought of that but it's not really what I was hoping. The Taiwanese eBay page has no translating options (I can use Chrome but Google Translate isn't reliable at all) and the currencies can't be changed to USD. I recently bought an item from a Taiwanese seller on the regular eBay and I was hoping there were more sellers like him, that speak English and ship items worldwide.

Is there a search filter or something like that?

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Hmm. I did a little digging and I'm not really seeing anything other than looking worldwide and then through specific sellers.

Scratch that.

How about using the zipcode option? Right below the other filter, there's one that says Distance and under it, you can choose only sellers within 50 miles or whatever of a given zipcode location. I don't know if it'll accept other postal codes, but it's worth a shot.

Otherwise, you're probably better off looking on Ebay Taiwan, even with iffy translation, and then check for those names on Ebay to see if they sell there, too, maybe? Or how about asking the guy who bought through previously? He might have some recommendations.

6. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    You may want to view the sellers profile or even contact him directly. He may know of other sellers. I know in my area I can tell you some of the sellers and what they sell, but do not know what they use on their name.

7. GrandmaHugme

GrandmaHugmeMember

Threads:
    When I typed in Taiwan in the search bar on eBay and left it at "all categories" I came up with every product with a Taiwan origin. Then the menu on the left side gives you the option to just see stores, etc. Is that different from what you were wanting?

8. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    The ZIP code suggestion may actually work, I missed that before. I'll try to see if I can get Taipei's most common zip codes and see if I'm lucky. Thanks!

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would also like to add that even if a seller doesn't normally ship to Taiwan, they might do it anyway if you ask them.
    I normally do not have my auctions set up for international shipping, but if someone contacts me from outside the US and asks me to sell to them, I sometimes do it because I like money and I like to see my items sell. As long as you pay the shipping charge, many sellers will sell to you. It doesn't hurt to ask.