Question About Shopkick

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Ke Gordon • Feb 13, 2016.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Those of you who use this app perhaps can help me. I finally got it open, and got points for going in the store the other day, however, I noticed you could put your visa or mastercard in and get points for buying. Does that only work in the store you are in at the time...or would it work for any store in its database? Do you have to open it in the next store on its list and then get the points?

2. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I use Shopkick and have my debit card linked to earn kicks. It works at the stores that are on their list that says you can earn kicks for purchases. Most times all you have to do is use your card in a particular store such as Kroger. However, Best Buy you have to have the cashier scan something from the app before they total the sale. So it just depends on the store. Your best bet is to look up the store that you are at or going to prior to making your purchase to see how you get your kicks. All you would need to do is tap the kicks for purchases link for the store and it should tell you what you need to do. I do not think that it works for all the stores listed only the ones that offer kicks for purchase. Good luck. I love this app because it is easy money.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for responding. I have been frustrated with this app because it won't always open when I am in a store even if it recognizes the location or it tells me nearby stores I can use. Part of it is probably because of my cheap phone...or spotty wifi. I was happy I finally got into the other day, and got some kicks...but wasn't quite sure how the cc or debit verification worked..what about using the scanner? Is Shopkic's own barcode scanner on the phone. or do you have to use a barcode scanner program already on the phone, to get money off items.

4. mett1982

mett1982New Member

Threads:
    I had shopkick on my phone for a little while. I have to say that the app isn't worth the bother. Like you said, mine would never open. Have the time I couldn't find where I was located. One time I have up to 500 points, I went to open the app because I was at Walmart and all my points were gone. I thought I would give it another shot. After finally getting the app to open and recognize where I was, I started scanning items and the app would say there was an error. It was scanning the product but not giving me points for them. I got fed up with the app and just uninstalled it. It was really frustrated to say the least.

5. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    When you want to scan an item that is on the list, just click on the item and a scanner will appear. After you scan, it will tell you that you got the kicks or if the item you scanned wasn't right. I do not use the scan too much unless it is something that is easy to find or has a high number of kicks for it. For example, I hardly ever find the right wines that are on the list and since there are so many different wines and brands it takes too much time. I like to get the walk-in and the purchase kicks since they are the easiest. I plan on going to the mall this weekend with my daughter to get the kicks they have there so I can cash out for $10.