Question For Stay-at-home-moms

Discussion in Freebies and Giveaways started by thatnewmommy • Jun 2, 2015.

1. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    What kind of low-end prize offered by a forum offer would make you enter their giveaway? This would be any prize no more than $20USD.

Another question is what kind of prize offered by a forum offer would make you enter their contest and what kind of contest would you be willing to participate in?

I'm a crafter. LOVE crafting. So any giveaway that offers something to craft, I am so entering. LOL I have a toddler, so anything that he would like, I'm also entering. If these were contest prized I would also participate as long as the contest had to do with possibly crafting. Of course. LOL

2. joyful728

joyful728Active Member

Threads:
    I confess, that if the form takes more than a minute to fill out, I am just too lazy to enter the contest :(

3. thatnewmommy

Threads:
    LOLOLOLOLOL I'm lazy too!!! I don't really like forms. I prefer the Rafflecopter kind where you click to Like or Tweet. But I entered one recently that gave you the opportunity to get like 25 entries by liking and tweeting and commenting on a bunch of different things, and I was like "ummm...no." I only did the like and tweets. LOLOLOL

4. CrowdedHighways

CrowdedHighwaysNew Member

Threads:
    I have a 3 years old child, so anything that she likes, I might enter for. Currently, that would be art/crafts supplies, hair ties, headbands, cute jewelry and similar things. But I agree, I also dislike filling out any forms that would require more than a minute from my time haha.

5. thatnewmommy

Threads:
    I never really thought of art/crafts supplies. Hmmmm....thanks for the idea!

6. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd be all over arts and crafts stuff. Since my kids are big (and by big, I mean most of them are grown and moved out) I'd also enter for something that my grandbabies would like.

I'm not as worried about the time or the effort involved in filling out a form as I am in how intrusive it might be. You don't really need my address and phone number and all that unless or until I win. Then, you only need my address, so that you can send my prize. Don't collect (or sell) my info under the pretext of needing it for entry.

7. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Gift cards. Groceries.

I'm pretty much over ANY "contest" that requires me to get Facebook likes (essentially, contests that boost the Facebook views for certain companies in an effort to broaden their web presence). I don't want to do any contest that requires me to post anything to Facebook.

I enter weekly drawings with my local neighborhood market though. One reason is that usually there is the caveat "First 500 entries automatically win." I'll fill out a form for free BBQ sauce or whatever. If I think I actually have a chance of winning I'll do it.

8. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I would gladly participate for an Amazon gift certificate that, like you probably know, could be as low as $10.

However, when one has to stay at home and work from here, any money is good, and I mostly need right now kitchenware that Amazon sells.