Qui-Bids and Bidding Sites?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Hushaam • Sep 23, 2012.

1. Hushaam

HushaamNew Member

Threads:
    Are Qui-Bids and other bidding sites just ripping us off? I mean hundreds of people put money into a product and only 1 person at the end actually gets it, so are we just paying for other people?
    I want to try Qui-Bids but I am not sure if its worth it. Do we mainly gain or lose since I heard how many people are getting tricked by Qui-Bids and are getting ripped of and actually losing more than gaining. If someone could please clairfy for me:confused:.

2. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    Can someone clarify what exactly Quid-Bids is? To me, the way Hushaam describes it, it sounds like a crazy scam! So I guess that there has to be something else to the site, or else who would ever put money into a product...

3. Belindafierce

BelindafierceMember

Threads:
    Quibids is like a low bidding auction site, kind of like ebay but it let's users bid pennies pretty much. I personally think this is a rip off mainly because you have to know that people aren't gonna stop bidding on something that's worth pennies initially. They'll just keep bidding until the product starts to get even more expensive than it's worth. It doesn't make sense to me.

4. Mama2three

Mama2threeMember

Threads:
    I looked at it, but didn't see the appeal. It seemed like something I would be throwing money away on and never winning anything. I am sure they are making far more than the products are worth because unlike an auction, in which only the winner pays, every bidder is paying something.

5. Gussie

GussieMember

Threads:
    From what I've gathered, you 'buy' blocks of bids, and each bid made is a penny more on the price. They just keep bidding up until there are no more bids.. so you keep bidding, and losing. Someone who's been on there a while, long enough to lose quite a bit, may actually win something, but buying all those bids costs a lot... you don't really 'win'.

6. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    If you are bidding, with the end result being that they keep your bid, pennies or not, you are throwing away your money. Pennies add up.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Quibids is basically gambling. If you don't win the auction, you lose the money you bid. So do the other non-winning bidders. It's like eBay ,but with gambling because everyone who doesn't win the auction loses the money they bid.

8. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah i have tried these sites and their a waste. As soon as i bid someone always beat me to it. I can wait til the milli last second and i swear someone bids and i steadily just keep losing bids.

9. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    From the sound of it, it's definitely not something I'd be into. I admit that I was interested in it when I first heard about it because I was looking for an alternative from ebay but this site sounds like a big scam, especially the part about you losing your money even if you don't win. I don't know, it just sounds rigged to me for some reason.

10. pilot2fly

pilot2flyMember

Threads:
    Don't use QuiBids, it's a ripoff. I also heard their website isn't safe. Try searching for other sites that are similar in nature.

11. psufootball

psufootballMember

Threads:
    I've always thought of them as "legal" scams, because the odds of you winning are very slim, and with all of the money you put into your bidding you could probably just go out and buy some of the things you were trying to get cheap anyway.

12. Cyclone3616

Cyclone3616Member

Threads:
    Ok, her is the way Quibids works: You have to pay for every bid you buy. It's sixty cents a bid, not just one cent. It shows up as one cent on the screen when you are bidding, because the "cent" is what you end up paying for. So lets say you buy something for a dollar. You have to pay the dollar and pay sixty cents for every bid you put on that item. It really is a scam, and people often go for big ticket items first, instead of starting with cheap items. Basically, don't go for the Sony flat screen TV the first time you go on the website. I recommend not going on Quibids, but if you do, make sure to start small.