Quick and healthy desserts

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Peninha • Mar 7, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One of my favorite desserts is to cut some strawberries and bananas and blend them together with just a tiny but of water, I don't even add sugar. In under 5 minutes I have a delicious and healthy dessert, I think it's cheap too. :)

What are your favorite quick and healthy desserts?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I once saw a recipe for a chocolate mouse that used nothing but water and chocolate, which I though was rather interesting. I suppose if you eat a reasonable amount of it, particularly if it is dark chocolate which is better for you, it could still be considered somewhat healthy. Since the chocolate itself is whipped, it gives it more body making it look much larger and more substantial. But also keep in mind you aren't adding any additional fat or butter or cream to it as well, and it's gluten free.

All the recipe called for was to melt some chocolate in a double boiler and add some hot water, then beat it well with a mixer and let it set in the fridge.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is surprising Tom, just water and chocolate? Only trying it to know if it's real... Even so, chocolate mousse doesn't sound the healthiest dessert, we tend to eat way more chocolate than we need! I always put fruit in my desserts, way better. :)