Quick Battery Chargers?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Denis Hard • Jan 19, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been reading some articles about ultra-fast chargers. Some of the writers exaggerate how fast they work claiming your phone battery can be fully charged in seconds. Others claim these super fast chargers will charge your battery 4X faster than a standard charger. This sounds more convincing.

Have any of you used these chargers?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My grandson got one of the battery charges as a gift for the holidays. I use his charger because it does charger my phone faster than the standard charger also, my tablet is very slow to charge but the portable charger makes it a much faster job. The portable charger does need to be recharged often by pluging it into your computer.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tried one of those quick chargers and it didn't work for me. In spite of the flashing indicator light and the beeping sound, my tablet charged just as slowly as it would have with a normal charger. Maybe I got a defective one. I was really disappointed because it was kind of expensive.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I mostly just stick with official accessories if I can especially with Apple products. However sometimes there's not much choice especially when I'm in someone else's house and it's all they have is the generic ones or maybe even fast charging ones. I think I have tried one of these once or twice but I don't think the increase in speed of charge is that noticeable at least for me. Maybe I just got to try a worse brand so I'm open to giving another better brand a try if I ever came across it.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When the digital camera became popular, what came with it are the rechargeable batteries. I had asked an electrical engineer on the quick charge - our charger has a slow charge and a quick charge. Well, the engineer said that they are practically the same except that the quicker the charging time, the quicker the power fades. In other words, you get a fuller charge with the slow charge. That's why we are not using the quick charge.

6. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Nope, I haven't tried these quick battery chargers. For me, I'm an iPhone user, I tend to stick to its official accessories as well. I do not really want to damage the phone by using chargers that aren't compatible with it. But I guess in times like this, a quick charger is what most people want because we're all so engrossed in our gadgets and use up their battery all the time.

7. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Quick chargers don't work that well- they have side effects. The amperage a charger has matters - this means that even though in the short run, a more powerful charger may charge your phone a little faster, but in the long run, your battery will die faster. So, like someone already said, its always best to buy "official" accessories.