QuizUp App Anyone?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Miaka_M • May 14, 2014.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    A lot of my friends have downloaded a game called "QuizUp." It's a free game and actually quite fun. It features many different trivia questions from a variety of different categories from educational to movies (I'm usually in the movie section). Have any of you heard of this game? What do you think of it? It can get pretty addicting, but the good thing is that it can be educational! Did I mention that you only have about 10 seconds to answer each question?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yep, I've played it!

I think it's a lot of fun, although it can be frustrating when I don't know nearly as much about a topic as I thought I did.

Like you said, though, I find that I learn a lot about the topics when I'm playing, too, so that's a nice bonus.

3. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Wow 10 seconds to answer each question? Sounds challenging for a slow thinker like me :D I have never heard of the game yet but my husband and I always love teaming up solving quizzes. Is it possible to pause it to have more time to think of an answer or does it comes with choices?

This reminds me of the game called Guess The Emoji. Both my husband and I really had no idea about one of the question which I ended up asking everyone on Facebook about it :D That was the last game we played together and I thought it was so fun so it'd be interesting to have another one.

4. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    I downloaded this app the other week to see what it was like and was surprised that I found it so addicting. I really like the app and think it has a great selection of questions. It is good to be competing against real people for once instead of a computer like some quiz games.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    No, you can't pause it, but it's multiple choice. You are given a question, have a second or two to read it, and then the answers pop up. You just click one. Most times, either you know the answer or your don't.... you're not going to need more than 10 seconds to figure it out.