Rainy days

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Peninha • Oct 7, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Rainy days have arrived again so I am in the dilemma sometimes, should I take the umbrellas and walk with the kid to school or should I just pick up the car and face the expense? How do you deal with the rainy days, do you use the car more?

2. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I always need to use my car to get to work so that's no change there for me, but on rainy days I do tend to keep an umbrella with me, the alternative is running from cover to cover and that's just dangerous because of the slippery and wet floors.
    I sometimes see younger people doing this and I really don't understand it, are umbrellas "not cool" or something?

3. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I think it would depend. If it's only a light sprinkle or mild rain, I would probably tough it out and take the umbrella, but if it's pouring, I won't bother with it and just hop in the car. Not worth getting soaked for.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use my bike rain or shine. If it's pouring down heavily, I will wait for a while and see if it is getting any lighter, but if not, I just walk to my work place. I have a very useful plastic rain coat and an umbrella, but most of the time the rain here comes only during monsoon season. And even during the wetter months, it usually rains only in the afternoon for a couple of hours before it clears up again. Rain has never presented a big problem to me, unless it is torrential rain that causes flooding.

5. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I don't like the rain. :) I guess I just hate the feeling of being wet. :) My kids are the same way... you would think it's raining acid they way they run to get to the car or into the house!! ;) I use my car all of the time especially when it rains. That's mostly on me but I find it's just easier and it keeps the complaining down to a minimum!! ;)

Danyel :)

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the rain and I always take an umbrella and walk on rainy days. I'm not bothered enough by water to pay extra for transportation on rainy days.

7. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I can deal with the rain as well ACSAPA, it doesn't bother me too much, the problem is taking my 4 year old to school in those rainy days, I can't carry him on my lap and he gets all wet, so maybe I need to buy special clothes for him instead.