Ramen

Discussion in Food & Drink started by brandontnguyen • Apr 16, 2012.

1. melmac

melmacMember

Threads:
    I love ramen noodles--especially when I was pregnant b/c of all the salt. I was a little upset when I saw they were one of the least recommended foods for prego women! Ramen noodles (chicken flavor) with peanut butter toast is sooooo good. You should try it if you haven't already.

2. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I love how cheap Ramen noodle soups are. We bought a box recently that was only .88 cents. What a great deal! My family loves the chicken flavor.

3. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    Ramen is soooo good. I am a college student, so I have it often. I love it, because it's cheap and delicious. I like the chicken flavor. If you haven't tried Samyang Beef Ramen, I recommend it. It's Korean. It's spicy, and so good!

4. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    I love Ramen! We have several brands here and depending on our mood, we'll cook it without the seasoning and add other ingredients, or cook it with the seasoning and add eggs, veggies, and some sauces. I brought Maggi Tom Yam from Malaysia to Cape Town, as they do not have that particular flavour here. I cooked it one night with eggs and I served it with the soup as well (which is not the way it is done here). He was surprised at how good it tasted with it.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    A box for that much!!?? I don't know if your box was one with 6 or 12, but even with it being a smaller box, that's super cheap. I can't really get them for anything less than 30 cents each these days, even in a bulk box. And individually purchased, it's usually a fair bit more than that. It's still a really cheap meal regardless, though.

6. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    I USED to love ramen noodles but I literally ate ramen so much that I just became so sick with it! It has been a couple months since I have had ramen but once Summer comes I can see myself getting addicted again. It definitely isn't a bad food to be addicted to though since boxes are extremely cheap! I never knew that ramen wasn't healthy for you though; I thought they were just normal noodles.

7. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I don't like Ramen noodles at all. I ate them in college and got sick of them. My roommate likes them and will have them around. I've tried to have one again once recently and just couldn't finish it. I guess I really got burnt out on them.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to eat them while in college. I no longer eat them. They have way too much sodium for me. Hypertension runs in my family so it's not worth it to eat them.

9. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    mmmm ramen. I do not consume the stuff from the cup though, I think the flavoring is packed with salt and indeed not good for you. You should try a Japanese restaurant. That is where I go to get this ramen soup with miso base and they add chicken and sprouts and corn and all sorts of delicious bits and it is so cheap and homemade. I avoid instant meals, or things that come out of a can.

10. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I actually end up doing this with the premade storebought stuff.

I'll add green onions, an egg, chicken, etc. The noodles are still cheap and I can make it a full delicious meal just by using scraps of stuff that I have in the fridge already.

11. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Hells ya they are delish no matter what your age is. They always seem to hit the spot. You can even switch up the taste by adding hot sauce, or ketchup, or even a egg. Ah yes, I have even added some chicken breast to it. There is so much you can do with them. I also love the fact that I can get 3 cup of noodles in a package for $1 at Dollar General.

12. malia22

malia22Member

Threads:
    when i'm really broke i go through ramen phases and just attempt to not pay attention to their sodium content haha what i like to do though is Green Giant makes these little individual veggies packets that you microwave and they are in really good seasoning so i just mix that in with my ramen and it totally spices it up!!

13. liquidfuzzy

liquidfuzzyMember

Threads:
    Sure, I started eating them in college as a staple, but since then I have kept eating them and learned to be creative with it! I make egg fried ramen, egg drop ramen soup, I add meat and veggies, or whatever! I've even added tomato sauce to make spaghetti. They are awesome!

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love ramen too and your ideas sound delicious. I like cabbage a lot and sometimes make stir fried cabbage, but your idea of a ramen pancake using cabbage sounds crazy good and I'm definitely going to try it sometime.

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes my daughter and I eat the ramen dry and crushed up with the spice packet. We call it Ghetto Chips.
    I thought we were crazy until I saw a student in a Korean drama eat some dry ramen as if it was potato chips.

I once ordered some ramen snacks from Japan that literally were potato chip bags filled with bite size dry ramen pieces, seasoning and strips of dried seaweed.

16. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Oh yes! They are the bomb! They taste so good. I am a college student myself and I find them not only cheap but very delicious.

17. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I used to buy them all the time. I would stock up on the many different flavors, then when my stock of groceries got low, I would have something in the cupboard until I got around to shopping. I like them a lot.

18. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Really? This stigma exist? As far as I'm concern I don;t care about the stigma or whatever! As long as I love the food I would not be affected by whatever stigma. I have love Ramen since High School and I continue to crave for it especially during cold nights! :D

19. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I try to avoid eating them, but they are delicious. I think it very affordable and the kids like them as well.

20. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I wish they just sold the noodles themselves, because they are really good. I watched a tv segment on the making of Ramen noodles, and they actually fry them a bit first. So the noodles you're eating are both fried and boiled. There's really not any other product on the market like them, at least not where I live. As others mentioned, they are great if you leave out the seasoning packet and use your own fresh vegetables and flavorings. It can still be relatively inexpensive if you stir fry them with some soy sauce and a frozen mixed vegetable blend.

I was just thinking about these the other day actually because my friend was making popcorn for us and wanted to try and put the Ramen noodle seasoning packet on it. She insisted it was delicious, it tasted like crap, lol.