Ramen

Discussion in Food & Drink started by brandontnguyen • Apr 16, 2012.

1. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I love Ramen. It's very cheap and you can always make your own if you're caught up in the stigma. Personally, I like to avoid the sodium and make my own so that I can add soy sauce to it. The cup noodles usually have 1,000 grams of sodium and that's a bit much (especially if you eat 1 1/2 for dinner) I like to make my own "Ramen-esque" noodles using rice noodles and fresh veggies. I hate those dehydrated veggies.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is a stigma that ramen is for poor people but ramen lovers ignore it. I don't care what people think of me for eating ramen, I like it , I want it, I'll keep buying it.

Pretty much everyone in my daughter's high school anime club eats ramen ,because they figure if it's good enough for Naruto Uzumaki, then it's good enough for them.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our house has to have a case of noodles on the shelves at all times. My grandson eats them or peanut and butter sandwiches every day. I am concerned about the amount of sodium in the noodles so I do not eat them. I will have a cup of soup noodles once in awhile, but I try to dump some of the seasoning out to reduce the amount of salt.

4. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I HATE ramen noodles. I've not eaten them in FOREVER, and I don't plan to start now. I do love the Kimchi noodles, however. They are similar.

5. pilot2fly

pilot2flyMember

Threads:
    Ramen is EXTREMELY unhealthy. I don't think I've ever seen a product with so much sodium. They can be good though. I eat them on occasion, but not ever day.

6. teamrose

teamroseMember

Threads:
    Well you've already posted all the negatives about those tasty Ramen noodles. The good news is, they are such an easy staple, they can be easily doctored up to enhance just about any food item in your pantry or refrigerator. The trick to eating Ramen noodles guilt free is to just use them as the base for whatever other ingredients you find on hand. If you use the noodles in another dish such as hamburger, tomatoes and onions - save the seasoning packet. I keep unused Ramen noodle packets in a ziplock bag. Use the Ramen seasoning on boiled corn or baked potatoes, yummy!:eek: