Raspberry Pi: Awesomely cheap PC

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by EvoDoom • Aug 19, 2012.

1. EvoDoom

EvoDoomMember

Threads:
    Some of you may have heard of the raspberry pi, it is a very basic but surprisingly speedy little computer which costs only around £22/$35. You can perform everyday tasks from web browsing to word processing and it is even capable of 1080p video playback. Has anyone tried them out? Please share your experiences!

2. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I personally have not heard of this. Do you have a picture, or a link or something that has more information about it?

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Ditto here! My daughter could really use something like this. I would like to learn more about it and check out the hardware specs.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I stumbled onto this thread. I have never heard of this Raspberry Pi.
    From the FAQ page of the website:

What’s a Raspberry Pi?

The Raspberry Pi is a credit-card sized computer that plugs into your TV and a keyboard. It’s a capable little PC which can be used for many of the things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word-processing and games. It also plays high-definition video. We want to see it being used by kids all over the world to learn programming.

The link is here:

5. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    This sounds absurdly crazy! So futuristic. And way way cheap.

I know thay a lot of computers are overpriced but come on: who is making this product for it to be sold so cheaply?