Rate your Local Postal Service

Discussion in Misc & Others started by addicted_buyer • Apr 28, 2012.

1. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    In a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being the lowest and 10 the highest, how would you rate your local post office/service? Why?

I give mine a 6. While the tracking info may be better than in other countries, my local post office likes to keep packages with no tracking numbers for MONTHS until they clean things up and send them all at once. At least the postman is nice.

2. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:

I haven't really had a problem with the postal service.

I wish they had better timings in terms of when they bring the mail around. Sometimes, the mail is brought really late and you can't ever time when they will be bringing it to the mailbox.

For packages, they are respectable. Never ever had any issues. Things are quite quick in that regard.

3. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't used the local postal service for years. So I can't give a current rating. If I were to go by their performance years ago, I would give them a 5. Not good. Not bad. Just bearable.

4. goodselfme

goodselfmeMember

Threads:
    I had stinking service so they get a 3 from me. I have several carriers so I don't seem to be able to befriend one to get them to close my mailbox. the wind rips off the lid and the rain gets my mail wet because they don't close the lid after they put the mail in it. I have gotten others mail and other people have received mine. I have major beefs and well founded.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would give my local postal service a rating of 8.5 to 9.0. During the holidays, I would drop than down a couple of points. The lines are horrible. It's not really the fault of the post office, but the wait is just horrendous.

6. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I live in a pretty small town and our postal service is really good. The carrier is always friendly and anytime I have had to go into the post office, they have been very nice and helpful. I'll give them a 10 because compared to where we used to live they are so much better!

7. deecee

deeceeActive Member

Threads:
    I also live in a small town with outstanding service. The carrier and clerk both rate a ten. The clerk is amazingly patient with all the older citizens of this town, and the service is efficient and friendly.

8. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I'd give mine a 6. The normal sending and receiving of packages is actually pretty reliable. We actually don't have tracking, but packages still arrive in, well, "good" condition.

I gave them a low score because of our local EMS here. I'm sorry I'm saying this, but our EMS is full of nothing but corrupt people who only try to squeeze as much money as they can from those receiving the package. Got an electronic gadget or even video games sent to you via EMS? Ha! Good luck, 'cause you'll probably be paying double, no, triple the thing's actual price just for their so-called "customs taxes". Gee, I mean, the local, normal post office doesn't charge THAT much for that. I wonder where they get their figures? Because believe me, their denominations in the receipt make no sense whatsoever!

9. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    Until we had our carrier replaced our service would be rated at a 2. The previous carrier would pick and choose which days she felt like delivering and would leave our box open and if it rained we were screwed. Now I have a great carrier and I'd give it a 10.

10. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I've never ordered anything through EMS because of the high taxes and extra expenses they charge when the postman rings your bell. And you have no option left rather than pay the guy to get your product. Same happens with private couriers like DHL, UPS or FedEx.

11. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    This is true. The funny thing is though, FedEx never used to be like this. A couple of years ago, FedEx would never charge me for customs taxes, no matter what I got sent to me. But just recently, they've annoyingly become like EMS. I ordered a book. A simple, school book. It cost me around $15 for that book. And then I receive a call from them, charging me $25 for taxes. Ugh.

12. mirage1440

mirage1440Member

Threads:
    I'm going to go with a 3. We live in a small town, and the post office is right in front of the town hall. Every year, they lose my tax form that needs to get to the town hall. I have started taking it in person since it is only a few footsteps away, but it requires coordinating my whole schedule around getting there on a lunch break. I thought that was what the post office was for. Plus. our post office now takes a scheduled lunch break every day from 12 to 1, so forget going to mail anything on my break too. I also get mail delivered for the same house number on a totally different street, and have had packages delivered to me that don't belong to me. I have started using the post office for the town next door. Seems to work better.

13. sunshinesaver

sunshinesaverMember

Threads:
    Our postal service is pretty good in my area, so I would rate them an 8. If we are rating the actual carrier, I would give him a perfect 10. We have had the same carrier for over 6 years. He knows everybody by name, he is really friendly, and more importantly he is very efficient.

14. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I would definitely rate it a two.

Here's a story: my fiancee ordered a necklace from Greece on eBay and she received two days later. A company in the same city I reside purchased one of my photographs and sent out a check at the end of April and I only received it on May 20-something. What the hell is that? Now, maybe the company lied about sending a check at the end of April (but it's highly unlikely).

The local post office is becoming a dinosaur and no longer should the mail be taxpayer subsidized. Majority of my mail are just flyers anyway.

15. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Our local postal service is actually a tad postal. They get it right for a while and then they get it very wrong. Generally, I get my mail on track but I have been told that I was sent many packages that have still not arrived. So, either these people lied or I never received certain valuable packages. So, I give them a 5.

16. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I'm with you on that. I've had very few issues with the postal service, but when I did, they were pretty major screw-ups.

17. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    9 - it's on time, it's in good condition, and I like getting my checks and whatnot in a reasonable timeframe.

18. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a problem getting my mail or even going into the office for packages that they couldn't deliver, but I know I mailed a letter once and the person never got it. That's when I will sideeye an office. That's not the first time it's ever happened to me and it has also occurred in another state. Beyond the initial issue of the mail not getting there, it's not too big of a problem as I can simply mail things from another branch's area and keep it moving.

I'll give my local post office a 9.

19. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    It's been a while since I've been in my local post office. But it seems that every time I go in there I have to wait in line for 15 to 20 minutes. Because of that I'm going to rate it a bit lower at a 7. Everything is great, I like the workers and all and the services are prompt, but they are always shorthanded so there's always a line wrapping around that island in the lobby.

20. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    What about your postman?