Rating/reviewing Doctors And Hospitals

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Diane Lane • Jun 3, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you go online to rate or review your doctors and hospitals? I've been meaning to do so for the ones who recently treated me, but of course I forgot. I set aside an envelope I received from the hospital where I had my recent Emergency Room visit, because I didn't feel strong enough to see the balance. When I opened it, I realized it wasn't a bill (that will come later, of course), but a survey invitation. Not only am I motivated to fill out the survey because I wasn't happy with my treatment, but there's the added incentive of being entered into a drawing for a $50 giftcard.

I still want to leave positive reviews for the providers who did help me, but I'm going to fill out this survey, and hopefully they will adjust their practices, and I or someone else won't have to leave a negative review for the hospital.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wish more people did this. At least where I live there are several websites for that but people rarely review on them. Doctors and dentists in general are so important to choose wisely, and sometimes we have to go in he dark.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really have not gotten the habit of leaving reviews for doctors and hospitals even if I recently had a few sessions since it never crossed my mind. I think reading reviews can be helpful though, since sometimes some doctors are not honoring their commitments like what I have experienced.

4. Jayda Moon

Jayda MoonNew Member

Threads:
    I recently left a review for my hospital midwives, and I was planning to go and do one for the hospital. I'm trying to get better about doing reviews for everything, but yes doctors and hospitals are SO important to review, good and bad. I want to see what other people are saying before I make an appointment to go see someone and quite literally put my life into their hands.

5. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I think that just like other businesses that we leave feedback for, doctors and hospitals need this feedback, too. Unfortunately, when surveys or feedback is not asked for specifically, most of the time the only feedback they get is negative. I have always tried to take the time to leave feedback for any business when I receive poor or exemplary service. It's the best way for them to improve upon your experiences with them and know what's it is like on our end to deal with them.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wish more people would review doctors as well.. but it's not always a good indication. You'll have good thorough reviews and you'll have reviews from people who judge a doctor on the silliest things. I had the worst doctor once.. I could have died and she said it was all in my head. A couple reviews bringing up her rating though (probably her writing them) were about silly things. Apparently she was a great doctor because she told someone to quit smoking, the rest of us complaining were just crazy. Another thought she was great because she was nice. I want to know if someone steps up when things get serious. If they take their patients seriously and give them options.. it takes nothing to smile and hand someone a pamphlet on the dangers of smoking. It's also very easy for a doctor to bring up their own rating.. so who knows who you're actually getting until you've already been seen. it's one thing here in Canada where it's free.. not such a good thing in a place you have to pay out of pocket for your choice.