Raw Honey Face Mask

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by BonnyC • Apr 10, 2012.

1. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone else use this? My skin is SUPER sensitive and I can't use any cleansers or products that contain chemicals/non-natural ingredients. Heck, some natural ingredients cause my skin to dry up or break out! One of my tree hugging hippie friend of mine(I say that with the utmost respect for tree hugging hippies) told me that I should try raw honey. I got the Sue Bee's brand of raw honey, grade A for 12 bucks. That sounds like a lot, but it's a huge bottle and a little goes a LONG way.

It's done wonders for my skin! My face feels so much smoother after I use it. It's a natural antibiotic, so if you are prone to breakouts due to bacteria instead of hormones or skin irritation, this is a miracle product. It makes my skin feel much smoother, reduces the size of my pores and calms down any breakouts I have. It doesn't necessarily make them disappear, but they're noticeably less red and smaller.

I do a mask once or twice a week and leave it on for an hour. Don't put it on too thickly or it'll melt and drip. I just do a thin layer. in between masks, I use it as a spot treatment. In the morning, when I'm doing my usual stuff (drinking coffee, checking websites, working, housework, etc.) I'll put it on any trouble areas I have and leave it on. I sometimes forget it for hours, but that doesn't cause any harm. It's not instant, but it does help.

I even use it as a natural antibiotic ointment for cuts and scrapes! I just smear some on before I put on a band-aid.

2. Ella Bella

Ella BellaNew Member

Threads:
    I read somewhere that the New Zealand honey has the best healing properties but I suppose any good quality raw honey will do. Perhaps it has something to do with the pollen content? I'm curious to try this myself. I have oily dehydrated sensitive skin and there are way more that I've tried that doesn't work than does work. :(

3. renmew

renmewMember

Threads:
    Thank you for the great idea. I also have sensitive skin and am prone to break outs, although my pores are finally becoming less visible in my old age.

I am going to give it a try next time I am able to pick up some raw honey. Do you think local honey is best?

4. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Manuka honey is the best type to use, although it is expensive. You can also mix it with yogurt and sugar to make an exfoliating cleanser. If your skin is not too sensitive, extra virgin olive oil is a great moisturiser as well. There are many natural products that can be used for skin care, so it's worth doing some research.

5. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, thank you for this review! I'd known that honey has antibiotic properties, but it never occured to me to use it on skin. I have very sensitive skin as well and am prone to break-outs (which then become inflamed, and then my face looks like a red splotchy mess). I will definitely keep this in mind to try as a face mask.

6. mrsalphabet

mrsalphabetMember

Threads:
    Oh I want to try it too! Can you buy raw honey at the regular grocery store or do you think I would have to go a special health food store?

7. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I find that raw honey is difficult to find in a regular grocery store. You may have to go to a specialty store, or to your local farmer's market if you have one.

8. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Honey for skincare is one of the best kept secrets in the world. A few years back I used a skin care cream that was super pricey...and the active ingredient in it was honey. As it was super expensive, I thought...why not skip the product and just get regular honey (raw is best but I got good results with almost any honey).

So, now, I use honey as a face-wash, one uses very little and the particles in there shine and glow amazingly...it leaves one with a glow: unreal but so cool. Thank you for the kind share...:eek:

9. alinass

alinassMember

Threads:
    I would love to try that on me! Sometimes my sin turns red aroud the nose or on the forehead. Maybe the skin there is too sensitive. I tried so much cosmetics but nothing helped! I hope this would!

10. jrkrizco

jrkrizcoNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing. I have some raw honey in my cabinet that I use for my tea. I'm definitely going to give this a try as I get constant breakouts, have enlarged pores, and redness around my cheeks and nose.

11. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    Nice post. We've never run out of stock of honey. I love making it as a substitute for sugar. I might try that recipe as well because I have dry face due to consecutive late night sleeping. I hope I won't get an allergy :p

12. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    I just tried the honey mask and it has left my face feeling amazing! So i want do the honey mask every day for 2 weeks, or just the pure honey left on for 10 minutes for 2 weeks.

13. sophianathan

sophianathanNew Member

Threads:
    I have very sensitive skin and I am afraid of using any cream as it may cause irritation to my skin. Will try the honey mask today.

14. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have tried a honey mask before and I didn't think the result was worth all the mess I did with the honey getting everywhere. If you do something like that often it might have good results, but I'm pretty lazy, so I don't see myself doing that often.

15. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Honey is amazing.. if it's real.. many out there are fake honeys, so be careful with that. For problem skin, the oil cleansing method can do wonders too.. but that takes a bit of trial and error sometimes. Or you could luck out right away with the right oil. My skin lovvvves oils.. not so much the honey (for the goo factor, not that my skin reacts lol)

16. Francy

FrancyMember

Threads:
    I will have to try this! I am prone to break outs as well and am always looking for something that will help with that. I have extremely sensitive skin as well and am very fair! Is this good for your pores? I need help in that are too!

17. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    There is a special shop selling raw honey in my town with a pretty high price but I never thought of buying it before. But I'm definitely going to save some money aside for it and try this method. I tend to have an itch on my face skin when I'm using some of the products out there and it is just so disappointing for me.