Re-using gifts bags?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by khillis • Apr 2, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've done that. When I get a gift and and the bag still looks so nice I like to save it and reuse it for someone else. I hate the thought of throwing out a perfectly good gift bag! In fact I just reused a gift bag recently for my brother in laws birthday and was happy that I could save money.

2. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I always re-use gift bags. However, I don't just re-gift them to others. I also use gift bags to hold small items I want to organize and for lunch bags.

Honestly, sometimes, I enjoy the gift bag I got more than the present that was inside. (ha ha ha)

Pretty (cloth) gift bags . . .
    pretty-jewelry-roll-bag-travel-storage-cases.

3. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    My parents used to have a cabinet full of this sort of thing, but honestly they rarely if ever got used. Everyone would just end up forgetting that they existed, plus it feels sort of...less personal than wrapping the gift up properly.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I reuse gift bags and gift wrap and ribbons. It's a waste to buy things that will be ripped off and thrown on the floor.
    I carefully unwrap gifts so that I don't wreck the gift wrap.

5. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Well, gift wraps can look a bit worse for the wear after spending time under the tree, with folds and creases. However, I cannot think of a reason why gift bags should "go bad"! You just put stuff in it, take stuff out! I would always save gift bags. Re-gifting them is not an issue -- just as long as it's not to the person you got it from.

6. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I always reused my gift bags. And I'm sure I've gotten the same bag before, so it's been getting around. And the tags aren't usually written on, so I think it's kind of expected in my family. They'e pretty, so why not use them again? After all, they're just going to be left sitting around the house, or thrown out.

7. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't usually reuse gift bags unless they look very good. I might buy some at the Chinese store, they are super cheap and look really good, so why bother?

8. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yes I remember my family refusing gift bags for the holidays or any other occasion. I did something close to that and it always worked out well. Nobody complained about the refused bags either and they probably didn't notice it anyway. I think it's fine to do gifts this way as long as the bag is just like new without any rips in the bag or other problems. If you don't have time to wrap then just use a bag that was already used.

9. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, we have done that many times before. It is a good way to save money.
    I would just make sure that they are not damaged in any way. Sometimes the damage is not that bad and you can fix it up a bit.